Nails | CND Introduces Brisa Lite...Excited Much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too excited about this!! I had a hunch that CND were going to be bringing out a soak of gel... but after calling sweet squared to check I was told no so invested in another brand :(

I use Shellac & Brisa anyway and am a die-hard CND fan, so I have no doubt in saying I will be trying the new system, just such a shame to spend all that money on the other sog.

Does anyone know when exactly it is coming out? I would also be interested to know of a conversion is necessary.

Too excited about this!! I had a hunch that CND were going to be bringing out a soak of gel... but after calling sweet squared to check I was told no so invested in another brand :(

I use Shellac & Brisa anyway and am a die-hard CND fan, so I have no doubt in saying I will be trying the new system, just such a shame to spend all that money on the other sog.

Does anyone know when exactly it is coming out? I would also be interested to know of a conversion is necessary.

Just to let you know Mooey we as CND Educator Ambassadors and the staff at S2 do not have any ideas what they are working on in the CND Labs we only find out a little while before any new products are launched to the Professionals.
So when you called the staff at S2 wouldn't have known about Brisa Lite.

The Education Ambassadors are going to be doing Update Training soon so will be told all the details regards training for Brisa Lite.
:)

I know :(

I love S2 & and the CND EA's! It wasn't meant to be a whinge, although it sounded like one ;) Just frustrating timing-wise & money-wise for me.

But I am so excited and cannot wait! Might have to though, to save up the pennies! :lol:

Just to let you know Mooey we as CND Educator Ambassadors and the staff at S2 do not have any ideas what they are working on in the CND Labs we only find out a little while before any new products are launched to the Professionals.
So when you called the staff at S2 wouldn't have known about Brisa Lite.

The Education Ambassadors are going to be doing Update Training soon so will be told all the details regards training for Brisa Lite.
:)

I know :(

I love S2 & and the CND EA's! It wasn't meant to be a whinge, although it sounded like one ;) Just frustrating timing-wise & money-wise for me.

But I am so excited and cannot wait! Might have to though, to save up the pennies! :lol:

I know you weren't moaning Mooney and I complete understand about it being frustrating, we are all pretty much as in the dark as you guys even though some might think we know well in advance.
I don't think there is ever a right time money wise to launch a product these days everyone is counting the pennies more than ever us EA's are included in this :hug:

As my hubby says 'Every penny is a prisoner' :lol:

2013 is looking a lot like it's going to be a huge year in the nail industry and Brisa Lite is the first exciting innovation to come from CND. In a nutshell, Brisa Lite is better, easier and safer for nails. Good news, no?

Brisa Lite is the first removable gel that is safe, colour stable and provides three weeks wear. Whether you're using the Smoothing Gel System or the Sculpting Gel System, Brisa Lite instills serious "beauty confidence" by creating a complete set of natural-looking, perfect nails.

Quite simply, women won't stand for products that ruin their nails anymore. It's no longer necessary but, while many women have imperfect nails, they are resistant to traditional enhancements because, honestly, they're a pain to remove, they look unnatural and no matter what any one says, buffing can damage your nail, especially if done improperly and even if it's just a teeny-weeny bit.

Brisa Lite changes all this. It's formulated using Brisa's toughness and durability combined with Shellac's removal technologies. The technology delivers long wear and flexibility and the addition of solvents promotes removability allowing it to be taken off in pretty much the same way as Shellac, using Shellac Nourishing Remover. Plus the base coat technology, which also aids easy removal, also means increased adhesion. Clever, no?

There's no doubt that this is a pretty exciting offering from CND. For more information contact Sweet Squared on 0845 210 6060 or check out Welcome - Sweet Squared

Until then...geek on!

The Ed

Images courtesy of CND (Creative Nail Design Inc.)

[Editor's Note: Third paragraph rephrased to avoid confusion. Previous statement was misleading. Apologies.]

Brisa Lite is the first removable gel that is safe, colour stable and provides three weeks wear.

What about Bio Sculpture?

I'm so excited about this is sounds a good product to run along side shellac for me. But I am worried about the training being expensive but I will decide at the time. Would love to offer this! I guess I will just have to save the pennies! Stop buying myself elemis shower gels and products and use supermarket ones haha! I'm a total product junkie though!

I have to say I'm wondering the same myself. Not to say I'm intrigued by cnd brisa lite but I would like to know how it differs from bio and if/why it's better?

I always thought that apart from MMA the only thing that could damage your nails was a bad nail tech (over buffing).

I used to love my Brisa but since a shoulder op I do not do buffing any more. I have been doing great with Shellac but I too also went with another SOG for extra strength last summer.

When I heard about Brisa Lite I thought I had died and gone to heaven!! But I agree the marketing has got to be careful.

Just need to know if it is going to be on sale at PB in Feb.

Brisa Lite is the first removable gel that is safe, colour stable and provides three weeks wear.

What about Bio Sculpture?

doesn't Bio require buffing of the nail plate?

I've literally just done the Brisa Conversion course and bought the kit! grrr

All of your questions will be answered, and SOON :) I had to stop myself from answering a few myself just now lol, but I don't want to have my hands smacked.

We all know that enhancements cause minimal, if ANY damage. But unfortunately, most techs choose NOT to educate themselves on proper protocols, running around filing consumers nails to DEATH. Right now enhancements are suffering a bit of a stigma because of this, and Brisa Lite is a fabulous way to re-ignite interest in having a longer, glamourous statement nail. :) The application is simple, and will calm the nerves of the most abused salon client ;)
It will NOT be for every client, just like L&P not being ideal for all clients, or even Shellac!
Try to be patient geeks, it will be worth the wait ;)

I am very excited about this as I love Shellac & it would be a fantastic 'up sale' for those who can't wear Shellac for whatever reason... Pennies being diverted from saving for L&P/Brisa course for this now :)

No, not at all.

Actually, as far as I know, Bio NOW says that there is no need for buffing.

In 2010, CND launched Shellac. Before then, EVERY single enhancement product on the market at the time requires buffing on their official step by step guide, INCLUDING Bio. This is confirmed by many of my students who have had Bio training BEFORE the launch of CND Shellac.

It seems that anyone who were trained by Bio BEFORE 2010 was taught buffing the nail and anyone who trained AFTER 2010 was taught zero buffing.

CND Shellac was the very first product on the market which require Zero buffing and it is still one of its major unique selling point. The reason why CND Shellac requires zero buffing is because CND has actually created an unique formula which no one else has to accommodate for that. Since the launch of Shellac, many companies has suddenly decided that their products also needs no buffing and started to advertise and teach their products that way instead.

I have once asked someone from Bio whether they have decided to take the zero buffing out of their training because they suddenly realise that 'Zero buffing' will make their products seem more attractive....? Or if Bio has actually scientifically changed their actual formula to now accommodate zero buffing....??

I never really got a proper answer, so go figure.

I've literally just done the Brisa Conversion course and bought the kit! grrr

Me too!!!!

Going to be continuing with normal Brisa for at least the next year. That's why I'm hoping that it doesn't become obsolete :)

All of your questions will be answered, and SOON :) I had to stop myself from answering a few myself just now lol, but I don't want to have my hands smacked.

We all know that enhancements cause minimal, if ANY damage. But unfortunately, most techs choose NOT to educate themselves on proper protocols, running around filing consumers nails to DEATH. Right now enhancements are suffering a bit of a stigma because of this, and Brisa Lite is a fabulous way to re-ignite interest in having a longer, glamourous statement nail. :) The application is simple, and will calm the nerves of the most abused salon client ;)
It will NOT be for every client, just like L&P not being ideal for all clients, or even Shellac!

Does this mean that Brisa lite will be a good choice for people who don't want their natural nails buffed whilst original Brisa will still be the choice to go for on clients with stronger natural nails who want a stronger enhancement? :)

Don't do nails, but it seems like all techs have been lying to their customers telling them that enhancements don't damage nails - the incorrect applications do. Has it all been a lie all along? :o turns out they DO damage nails. No matter what ...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure that it's a question that techs have been lying to their clients, I guess it will depend on what and how techs talk to their clients about it. I work on natural nails only and don't offer enhancements but personally, the way I word it to my clients who slate "acrylics and Gels" saying how awful they are for your nails, is that if they go to a good nail tech who they know has had the correct training and experience, then L&P and Gels needn't damage nails in the way they have previously experienced but that obviously something like Shellac is groundbreaking and amazing because it really does cause NO damage at all (unless the peel it off!). That L&P and Gels can be done well and carefully by a skilled tech so damage as such would be at a minimum but that a "prolonged" period of having these done, with even a small amount of buffing could eventually cause thinning and damage to the nail plate. Buffing our nails is not a natural thing to do but if done by the right qualified person, it's not always bad.

I then point to Gigi's solar oil poster on my wall, clients usually reply with, I know, those nails are beautiful, wish mine could look like that and I then point out that those nails are in fact L&P's. They are always gobsmacked. To them, L&P's are the crooked, thick pink and white nails you get in a walk in and out salon.

So despite not offering enhancements myself, I still don't nod along and agree that enhancements are "awful" for your nails and cause serious damage, I still try to educate them.

I think the launch of a new product like Brisa Lite will just re-ignite the passion further for those who are dead set that they don't want enhancements despite what we tell them but would still like the added strength and security of a product like Gel to wear along with their Shellac.

I'm very excited about it, it doesn't contradict anything I've told my clients and a good percentage of my clients are going to be just as excited as me about this. I can't blimmin wait! :D

We also know that some nail techs damage nails by using hard tools to scrape of Shellac, gel polishes and other soak-off gels too early. A point made by Doug Schoon.

And as Doug has also said several times but perhaps in a more diplomatic way, it's not product that damages nails it's poor nail tech technique.

As far as I am concerned - no product can be developed that eliminates all risk of damage to nails by poorly trained nail techs or those who choose to ignore the application techniques given by manufacturers.

I think it's great that CND finally develops a soak-off gel and I am sure it will be very good - but they don't need to oversell the concept and suggest this is as safe as milk.

Frankly, it's really enough that one other manufacturer owned by a famous nail tech try's to sell the benefits of vitamins in gel - we don't need more snake-oil salesmen.

So is the new system supposed to be rebalanced each time or soaked off?

why dont we all wait for information to be released, we are all in such a hurry!! The team of educators need to have their training and be able to play with the product before lots of questions can be answered xx

Latest posts

Back