need help with website jargon????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
Another question, What is metadata? I'm being asked for metadata that describes my page to search engines!!!:eek::eek: also what is my URL?i

Another thing, i'm asked to add a meta tag into my head but before the body of my text. How do i do this? Where do i find my head tag?

also how do i upload a HTML file onto my website?

:confused:

Another question, What is metadata? I'm being asked for metadata that describes my page to search engines!!!:eek::eek: also what is my URL?i

Another thing, i'm asked to add a meta tag into my head but before the body of my text. How do i do this? Where do i find my head tag?

also how do i upload a HTML file onto my website?

:confused:

Hi,

Meta data are keywords and descriptions that can help search engines like google rank your page, however they are not used very much by modern search engines as they look more at your content, inbound links / page rank etc. Say this it is still a good idea to have them but they have to be in a specific order, im on my pda at the moment if no body else does i will give you an example...

URL = www.yourwebsiteaddress.co.uk

To upload a new html file you will need access ftp or file manager through a control panel to be able to put the html file onto your website space.

Feel free to pm any other questions as I like to help with stuff like this :)

Mark

Latest posts

Back