Need new clients in the door-ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair on Fleek

Reaction score
I am needing more business and am slowing building a clientele after 2 years. I am booth rental and have been doing well but live in a town with about 6500 people and there are about 6 other places to get your hair done. Our prices are only higher compared to about 2 of those six and I am using fb for social media advertising. I have given out cards and posted our brochures in local gas stations. How can I really bring new people in? Everyone that I have given a haircut seems to come back and are pleased I honestly don't get many complaints at all! New people just don't seem to come into the salon and my opinion might be bias but our salon environment is probably the most comfortable around town. What can I do to get more business?? Any advice is helpful!!!

How about a referral scheme with your existing clients. If they bring a friend you give them x% of their service?

The salon environment is probably the most comfortable in town.....

That statement could be the problem.

Does your salon welcome every kind of clientele with open arms, welcoming smiles, banter, understanding, friendliness??

Or is it the nicest to look at?

Big difference between the two, if the latter then in general it makes most people very apprehensive to even walk in the door, if the earlier maybe it's too chilled and not professional enough!

Word of mouth is the best way to get clients through the door regardless of where the salon is and what it looks like, explain to the clients you need new ones and ask for their help by referring their friends :)

Sadly, the only thing that stuck in my mind reading your post is that there's only 2 salons that charge less than you in the area.

That in itself would put me off, I would avoid somewhere that in averaged out to be 'one of the cheap ones'.

Perhaps raise your prices but do an 'offer' for a limited period - the best way I found that helped me to promote myself was:

2 spray tans for £x amount, that could either be used by one person coming twice or they could bring a friend. Loyalty cards and referral schemes worked really well for me.

Latest posts

Back