New salon, Advice on how to make item budget?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllThumbs

Reaction score
My hubby and I are wanting to open a new nail spa. Just a small venture, me and him to start out with and try to expand later. I'm having difficulty figuring out start up expenses. I know what supplies i use on a daily basis but as a nail tech there are so many little items here and there and then i have to x that by 2. anyone have any ideas or example start up lists i can look at? i've been surfing the net for 3 days trying to make lists and prices and such. there has got to be an easier way....

Alliance and leiceter have an online business start up calculator thingy.
It gives you list of items to get in a particular business sector. There's also lots of advice on the site.
Alliance and Leicester | Business Advice

i checked that link and there wasn't anything business specific for me. I guess what i'm tyring to find out, is what are the general costs per nail tech? i know you can buy things cheaper or more expensive depending on what style and where you buy. Is $1000 per nail tech enough to allot? Tables are the most expensive. around $500 that leaves $100 for start up product and $300 for drill and $100 for sundries. does that sound about right? I know 99%of you are UK so the numbers may be different. I know how to do a calculator I'm just not sure what to calculate.
and does anyone have expeirience with building a platform pedi chair? the kind that use the sink style instead of the vibratey spa chair? I like the look of the platform chairs...they are more personanable i think.

Latest posts

Back