New salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charl12dance

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Geeks
Im hoping to open up my own salon in the next few months and I have been lucky enough to find a salon which has already been fitted out. My only concern is that the walls are thin and you can hear through them, as we all know keeping treatments are quiet as possible is the main aim. I was wondering if anybody on here has experienced anything simular and what they have done about it? any advice would be appreicated xx

Hi, I have just moved into my new premises, and we built our own walls!!! We used specially treated plasterboard, a packing that goes between walls, and the same in the ceiling and you can't hear a thing - the only weak spot is through the door, but that will be improved when the music system is in, and we have the same music throughout. You obviously don't want to rebuild walls, but there are lots of things you can do. We found the guys at Travis
Perkins really helpful and there is also quite a lot of info on the internet - a lot of it cheaper than you would think. The improved insulation also means that the rooms are super warm! Hope that helps x

I did consider rebuilding the walls but that is alot of hasstle considering the walls are already there. But what you have done sounds good, I will definately look into that. Thanks for your advice x

Latest posts

Back