New salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suse82

Reaction score
I'm so excited and scared at the same time. Ive just bought a property and I have just heard today that everything is finalised. It's now mine! It is pretty much just 4 bare walls!!! I'm giving myself till October to get it up and running. I'm planning on having a part time employed stylist and going from there. Anyone got any tips and advice?!?

No tips sorry but congratulations!

[emoji1]thank you

How exciting! Just make sure you thoroughly trade test your potential stylist and offer them a (3 or 6 month?) probationary period first.
They'll probably start off keen but will struggle to keep up the pretence after 4 months if they're not that bothered.

How exciting! Just make sure you thoroughly trade test your potential stylist and offer them a (3 or 6 month?) probationary period first.
They'll probably start off keen but will struggle to keep up the pretence after 4 months if they're not that bothered.
I am a bit worried about this, I need someone i can trust and rely on and obviously I want them as keen as I am... I'm prepared to be good to them with wages and training but I expect all the above in return. I think 6 months trial sounds like the best idea!

Where is your shop going to be located? Congratulation x

Exciting times ahead!! Congratulations and good luck! X

Woo hoo! Well done suse!

I don't have much advice to give but Do you have enough clients to share between yourself and another stylist yet? I've been open 3 years now and am only now at the point of considering employing a stylist, just thinking of cash flow for you in the early days. I rented a chair to a friend in the beginning which helped towards the rent.

Those bare walls should get filled with your beautiful artwork!

Where is your shop going to be located? Congratulation x
I'll be located north of Dundee tiny little village you've probably never heard of [emoji1]

Woo hoo! Well done suse!

I don't have much advice to give but Do you have enough clients to share between yourself and another stylist yet? I've been open 3 years now and am only now at the point of considering employing a stylist, just thinking of cash flow for you in the early days. I rented a chair to a friend in the beginning which helped towards the rent.

Those bare walls should get filled with your beautiful artwork!
I think I do, I've got a waiting list and continuously getting new clients, well the ones that are willing to wait. So it'll be such a help

I think I do, I've got a waiting list and continuously getting new clients, well the ones that are willing to wait. So it'll be such a help
Ah I'm so happy for you :) your work is gorgeous xx

Latest posts

Back