New stylist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairqueen

Reaction score
I've recently taken on a new stylist. She is lovely and I really would like to keep her. I've never employed anyone before and never really worked closely with someone on a junior level. She is a great little stylist. However her colour knowledge is terrible. I have to choose all of her colours for her. Has anyone got any advice how I can speed this colour knowledge process up?
Thanks

Does your colour house offer any training?
Although I'm beauty I think it's the best way to learn. We've done training days together so we both learn the same thing and can reinforce each others knowledge.

Just a thought

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Who is your supplier? As above your colour house probably offers training and depending on who supplies you they may offer training too.

I use Matrix and Barkers supplies me and always offering various colouring courses along with advanced cutting ETC
If you're very happy with her it maybe worth investing in her x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for the advice ladies I use Loreal they do lots of training. Think that may be my quick fix or spend a training day with her myself.

If she's only done level 2, that would explain her lack of knowledge as they only cover the absolute basics on colour theory and a bit more training on application.

Definitely consider sending her on a course locally. I'm sure it will boost her understanding and her confidence in choosing the correct colours.

Latest posts

Back