New to acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsnailsxx

Reaction score
Hi I have recently completed my Nail technology level 2 course in acrylic at college.
I am still not fully confident with my acrylic application. Could anyone please advise me what I can change and improve on.
Thankyou x

Attachments

• 11173426_1569187406668818_1237393334_n.jpg
    11173426_1569187406668818_1237393334_n.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 77
Hi I have recently completed my Nail technology level 2 course in acrylic at college.
I am still not fully confident with my acrylic application. Could anyone please advise me what I can change and improve on.
Thankyou x

hi there :) I too am new to nails but fingers crossed I can help even if its just a bit :). I think the nails are lovely however I would say use less acrylic in the cuticle area for example I dip my brush in monomer and wipe it 4 times before I gently put the brush into my powder, I hold my brush just above the powder so that it picks up a small bead. This makes it easier to blend the nail at the cuticle and to make it look like a natural nail. I was taught that at the cuticle acrylic should be as thin as nail polish then be slightly higher at the apex (stress zone) and then thin out towards the free edge. Dont be hard on yourself though your nails do look lovely xx

Thankyou :) I will try it again and make sure to pick up smaller beads for the cuticle area. I also struggle making the acrylic look neat around the cuticle area x

Thankyou :) I will try it again and make sure to pick up smaller beads for the cuticle area. I also struggle making the acrylic look neat around the cuticle area x

No worries your welcome :) me too! I was told to work from behind the cuticle bead and to have my brush at a 45 degree angle when doing so! But thats something I cant seem to get my head around?! So actually I have to file the acrylic a lot to get it to look right lol i am hoping my brain will understand one day and i will be able to do it! X

Be sure to tilt the finger down too when working on the cuticle area. Will stop it flooding back to settle on the cuticle.

Brooke_09 I was taught that too! I just need to practice loads!! I have a trainer hand because I can hardly ever practice on my friend but I just dont find it the same as when doing a real persons nails!

Misstoniilou thankyou for the advice I think this will help alot as I find the acrylic gets on the cuticle alot xx

Practice is most important with acrylics I have learnt!! You'll probably change something wrong you do ever time you do a set you'll improve! Get all your friends and family!! And check out YouTube videos of acrylic tutorials to gets tips and try different methods x

Latest posts

Back