New to buisness and need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy Jones

Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie here and need advice.
I just graduated from nail tech school and ready to start my first job.
I was offered a position today at a tanning parlor to be their only nail tech.

I will be renting a room for 75 a week. I was wondering if this is a good deal or should I offer 50 a week for the first 3 months till I get my feet wet.

Also I have to supply all my own stuff which is ok for me and I have purchased ALOT of things already since my intentions were to start my own buisness anyway. But due to the size of the room I will be renting, I will only be able to get a portable foot spa and a nice chair. My question is .... are there any "good" foot spas out there with jets that I can purchase. I want something that is durable and can give a good pedicure experience but yet does not take up all my space.

Amy

Is that 75 dollars or pounds - if dollars then it's cheap, I was paying 100 POUNDS a week (about 180 dollars), but then every thing is relative I guess. Cost of living is high here too, don't know what it's like where you are hun.

It's 75 dollars. I know most places here rent out for about 100 a week but most of these already have clients. I will be all new. I just moved to this area which is actually Charlotte, North Carolina and I don't know many poeple at all. I figure I may be sitting alot the first month .

Welcome to TNG!

That is a good price hun!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Latest posts

Back