Newly qualified in lash extensions, need lash & glue recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren Grace

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm new to Salon Geek, and just last week qualified in classic eyelash extensions.
A starter kit wasn't supplied with the training, and having looked at the many brands out there i'm a little overwhelmed with the options!

I have a list of everything I need in terms of equipment, but would love any guidance on the:
- Type of lashes you like (faux mink or silk? and why?)
- A good glue - the one in my training i preferred was a little thicker, and seemed to set quite quickly VS thinner watery ones, would you also typically use the same brand debonder?
- Suppliers / websites you use for your supplies - i'd like to ensure especially glue is a good brand and safe to use as we were warned of some made in china which are against UK regs

The lashes we used in training kinked very easily for myself and some of the other girls when picked up by the tweezers but we didn't know if they were mink or silk. Would this be down to the type of lash, or just us being a little heavy handed?

Huge thanks in advance for any advice you can give :)

Hi Lauren, I qualified in September and got a starter kit from Lashbase with mink lashes really good quality and value for money

Hi Lauren, I qualified in September and got a starter kit from Lashbase with mink lashes really good quality and value for money

Thanks for the reco! Do you mind me asking if you prefer the mink to silk? And why? (If you’ve tried both)

Hi I have only used mink as that is what I trained with,have you used silk? What are they like?

Hi I have only used mink as that is what I trained with,have you used silk? What are they like?

We used random pots of lashes in our training, I don’t know what they were but they were VERY fine and kinked easily when picked up with tweezers. I haven’t bought any as yet as I’m only just buying my kit. From looking online it sounds like silk only taper one third of the way down the lash so I think they must look a little thicker and tend to be shinier. I guess they give a less natural look? X

The mink ones are really easy to use and don't kink at all they also give a really natural look, which at the moment I don't think clients want this their looking for a more fuller look, a girl on here has recommended I use flat lashes for a full look so I'm going to try them next week x

The mink ones are really easy to use and don't kink at all they also give a really natural look, which at the moment I don't think clients want this their looking for a more fuller look, a girl on here has recommended I use flat lashes for a full look so I'm going to try them next week x

I think I have had mink on myself this time and I agree they almost feel a bit ‘too’ natural. I think I had silk before, so I might buy those to start with and see what they’re like then move onto mink if clients ask for a more natural lash?
I’ve never heard of flat lashes! Is it just a different curl? x

What brands are you using please

I use lashbase and flat cashmere lashes from eBay x

Thankyou and what mm thickness do you find most natural x

I use 15mm for natural and 20mm for a darker look

Latest posts

Back