Nice colours for Ombre??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteffiMc

Reaction score
Hi folks just after a few suggestions here, I've got someone who wants to go from a deep red I'd say base 5 to a nice Stacey Solomon ombre effect, I'm well aware of a few techniques but unsure of what colours to go for. Obviously I know the ends will depend on the lift but just after a few ideas, I use wella and loreal preferably but open to suggestions :) thanks guys xx

Ooh and also what's the chances of magma /89+ working out?? I'm a little inexperienced with magma. Thanks again xx

Ooh and also what's the chances of magma /89+ working out?? I'm a little inexperienced with magma. Thanks again xx

Wot technique you going for steff?
I do the diamond,
Staceys ombré is quite dark on top try 5.3 or even 6.3 if ur takin the underneath pretty light,
then u have the nice golden tone to compliment the blonde.
Hope this helps luv :) x

Wot technique you going for steff?
I do the diamond,
Staceys ombré is quite dark on top try 5.3 or even 6.3 if ur takin the underneath pretty light,
then u have the nice golden tone to compliment the blonde.
Hope this helps luv :) x

Talking majirel sorry lol x

Thank you Hun, was thinking of just weaves then back combing them starting at the back underneath and tinting the rest of the backcombed hair with the dark. What's the diamond technique??? X

Thank you Hun, was thinking of just weaves then back combing them starting at the back underneath and tinting the rest of the backcombed hair with the dark. What's the diamond technique??? X

I have never herd of this way steff! Explain explain explain more! Lol
That's why I love a bit of the old salon geek!
So many dif ways of doing things x

I take a diamond at the top the head
You can take the diamond as low as you like at the side depending the lowness of the fade affect the client wants
I slice the underneath
Then wen I start getting closer the my diamond parting
I weave the same colour on a diagonal pattern working my way up
I then weave in the top colour the client is having in the same motion (diagonal) bout 2 rows
Then global the top colour
Comes out really lovely
But open to trying New tecniques :)

Hope that all made sense, I'm not the best at explaining things hun lol x

Oooh I'll have to try that!! I usually start like a normal bog standard full head highlights, weave the first row as normal then lightly backcomb it apply your bleach as far up as you want( I personally start by being an inch away from the root and doing less as I get towards the top of the head) then all the backcombed hair and remaining hair gets a full colour as dark as you'd like. You could also do highlift fading into bleach aswell which is nice! I hope this helps as I am also pants at explaining lol xx

Hi ladies

I do mine a bit differently to you 2! Lol

I section the hair in half from ear to ear (horizontal) then take vertical sections and backcomb each section, after I have done the whole head, I apply colour to the ends of the hair left out from backcombing. It's always turned out really well and is a true ombré, a lot of people do weaved highlights or slices right upto the root which doesn't give that gradual effect, although it would still look nice

X

Hi ladies

I section the hair in half from ear to ear (horizontal) then take vertical sections and backcomb each section, after I have done the whole head, I apply colour to the ends of the hair left out from backcombing. It's always turned out really well and is a true ombré, a lot of people do weaved highlights or slices right upto the root which doesn't give that gradual effect, although it would still look nice

X

Ooh I'll need to try that too lol. I never go right to the roots usually an inch maybe a little more off then gradually move farther away from the root as I move up towards the top if that makes sense lol. I'm gona need to try both these techniques now though :D. I love trying new tricks out!! Another one I heard was just painting it on sort of scruffily in slices kinda higher up on one side of the slice but never tried it yet xx

Hi ladies

X

I used to do the ear To ear technique
But prefere the diamond now!
And it does give the gradual effect Hun I prob just haven't explained it well.

Comes out the nuts :)
Specially if there having 2 block colours il try put a pic up next time
I did a luren from the hills style ombré tues on a client and also added some blonde extensions looked stunning :)

I used to do the ear To ear technique
But prefere the diamond now!
And it does give the gradual effect Hun I prob just haven't explained it well.

Comes out the nuts :)
Specially if there having 2 block colours il try put a pic up next time
I did a luren from the hills style ombré tues on a client and also added some blonde extensions looked stunning :)

Ooh yeh I'd love to see a pic!! :)

I have never herd of this way steff! Explain explain explain more! Lol
That's why I love a bit of the old salon geek!
So many dif ways of doing things x

I take a diamond at the top the head
You can take the diamond as low as you like at the side depending the lowness of the fade affect the client wants
I slice the underneath
Then wen I start getting closer the my diamond parting
I weave the same colour on a diagonal pattern working my way up
I then weave in the top colour the client is having in the same motion (diagonal) bout 2 rows
Then global the top colour
Comes out really lovely
But open to trying New tecniques :)

Hope that all made sense, I'm not the best at explaining things hun lol x

I really wana try this, but can't figure it out :rolleyes: I feel thick as champ lol sorry x

Latest posts

Back