Nice hands...Nice enhacements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SabrinaD

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if any of you agree or disagree with the above statement?

I did a set of nails the other evening and the ladys hands i did were terrible to begin with - she has 19 horses - so im sure you can imagine.

I was quite pleased with the end result and so was she but to me they seemed to look a bit short and stubby. She does have short wide nail plates. Would this be the problem or is it me and something that will get better with time?

I used white tips and pink. Not experienced enough yet to do sculpting of white acrylic.

Any views greatly apreciated.

Definition

enhance
verb [T]
to improve the quality, amount or strength of something:
These scandals will not enhance the organization's reputation/image.

In all honesty, you can only work with what the client has.

Myself, i would have stayed away from white tips if the client has 'stumpy' nail beds, as it will made them look shorter and wider!! nice almond shaped nails painted all one colour would have given the effect of length. or even if you put some art on them going down the length of the nail to elongate them (like pinstripe makes your legs longer!).

Even tho i dont do L&P ive heard people talking about creative flawless i think it is. so you could have placed the smile line where it should have been then used thepink to hide the natural nail bed. - i think thats right neway lol.

HI......Sassy hassy had a great thread a while ago about this....I think it was can you make a silk purse out of a sows ear!! it had some fab replies....and yes custom colour blending or using flawless pink can be used to extend a clients short nail plate....it is opaque therefore can be used to camouflage any flaws!

SabrinaD said:
I did a set of nails the other evening and the ladys hands i did were terrible to begin with - she has 19 horses - so im sure you can imagine.

She looks after 19 horses and wants to have nice enhancements??
Surely, you can't have both! Isn't there something in the aftercare leaflet that says "thou shalt not look after horses"? ;)

Colin
(Horse owning nail tech)

McSnail said:
She looks after 19 horses and wants to have nice enhancements??
Surely, you can't have both! Isn't there something in the aftercare leaflet that says "thou shalt not look after horses"? ;)

Colin
(Horse owning nail tech)

LMAO

nope don't think its in them! :lol:

I would have advised her not to have French this time and gone for a natural tip with a colour if she preferred.

TBH a colour will be better :eek: hide any err muck that she gets behind em gross!

Little Angel said:
TBH a colour will be better :eek: hide any err muck that she gets behind em gross!

A nice dark polish does wonders!!

Ahhh - finally a use for the thing that gets stones out of horses' hooves, I can use it for cleaning the muck from out of the nails :D

Whilst doing my nail training I always thought it funny to be using a hoof pick ...

Colin
(Horse owning nail tech)

SabrinaD said:
Hi Folks,
I was wondering if any of you agree or disagree with the above statement?

Hi Sabrina

I think your statement is true to a degree.. As we start our path as technicians the perscriptions we can offer are limited, meaning it doesn't suit everyone... so yes, nice hands, nice nails...

As we grow as technicians we start to develop other ways of doing nails.. Meaning we are better armed to deal with harder nails... and then make them look fab...

I remember dreading nail biters as I didn't have the skills to make them look nice.. Now... Not a problem, they'll look great. ;)

Latest posts

Back