Nightmare blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanna25

Reaction score
i hate colouring blondes!!! you never quite sure exactly what you are gona get, and iv been doing it for 10 years!! can anyone give me some advise out there, i have a client who i have been doing blonde, we stared using high lift tint with bleach highlights, great for a while but she got fed up with the 'warm roots', so went for the bleach roots with 10.16 toner, lovely colour, but she is now wanting to go for the high lift tint option again as her hair is a little fragile, so we went for the extra high lift with the new redken blondes, lovely creamy blonde which is what she wants, but still warmish roots, tried the 10.16 toner, but still warmish, can i get a nice clear blonde without the bleach???? any advise be great

Whats her natural base? And what peroxide % are u using? X

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Have you tried majirel majimeche? It's gives a lovely blonde result on every head of hair I've tried it on, you mix the colour with a sachet of high lift with 30 or 40 vol, lovely result, or the affinage spectrum are also good, use different pigments to neutralise the warm tones
Xxx

Just read your post again, are you putting straight on scalp? Sorry wouldn't use majimeche or spectrum on scalp, try adding some 12/1 into your mix

yes its straight on scalp, just want a nice creamy blonde, without the bleach 1st, high lift is nice but still warmish on roots?????? base 7 by the way.......................:rolleyes:

If it base 7 you need to neutralize yellow.....with purple 12/96?? Been ages since I used wella but I believe it's 9- cendre which is soft ash and 6-violet or I use matrix and ul-av would give a lovely clean blonde

Even tho shes a base 7 she may still have warm undertones - or even teeny bits of warmth through her hair u may not be able to see from just roots! If you're still getting a warm
root with a cool high lift I'd say there's more warmth in there than u thought?

Try lifting her roots with a higher percentage and a double cendre tone and leaving it on longer - and only refresh the ends if they already have a coolish tone then they won't need much more just concentrate on roots I'd say?

Latest posts

Back