Nightmare client, lifting, breaking etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenly

Reaction score
I'd like some advice and also some reassurance in regard to one of my regular clients, if you can :hug:
She's been coming to me for the past 4 or 5 months for CND L&P enhancments. Every single time I see her, which is every 2 weeks, she has at least 2 nails missing. Nearly all of the other nails are lifting quite severly! The natural nails that have the missing enhancements always look like there is quite a bit of nail damage, usually a white line going across the nail, it looks like the enhancement has bent backwards before coming off. Some of the nails are her own, the rest are tips. She likes them almond shaped and quite long. I have advised her that they should be filed down as this may help to stop them breaking, she won't let me.
I'm at my whits end with this client, :irked: I just don't know what to do to stop her appointments from being such a nightmare.
I very rarely get any lifting with any other clients. Very few clients come to me with nails missing. I'm sure it's not me. I just don't know how to handle this. Is it just that she is very clumsy. Does anyone else have a client like this, or is it just lucky old me?
Please help me before I go a bit doo lally :evil:

There are times when it is appropriate to fire a client. One of those times is if she will not work with you on what needs to be done to correct the situation. Maybe you should find her a different technician who may meet her demands without causing that technician stress. (they may be no more successful at keeping her nails properly cared for, but it may not bother them) I think we've all had this client, I'm not sure why she's traveled so far to have her nails done, but I'm pretty sure we all know her. If you absolutely dread doing her nails, and after you explain what must be done to ensure a succesful service, she's still won't do it, find her some one else.

That's the best I can do, maybe some one else has a better suggestion.

Hi Julia

I have only seen line damage when I have really bent my nails then there is normally some sign of splinter haemorrhage and the nail plates are really tender

I am sure you have already tried acid free primer and industrial concrete. :)

I got a download from the creative nail design site and it had a list of traumas caused to the nail with different methods of removal some being self inflicated. may be worth having a nose at it.

www.creativenaildesign.com
HTH

Hi Heavenly,

I would use Radical as it's tougher for hard wearers, I would probably use prep boosters if she is having lifting problems, nail fresh, scrub fresh, then acid free primer.

Also length may be playing a big part of the problem as it may not be suited to her lifestyle. Consultation and perscription is the key here :)

Hope that Helps

Envy.

Thanks for your help girls, and it's great to know that my client has been making a nuisance of herself elsewhere too LOL.
I have tried super-sonic prepping on this client, but guess what, same probs, aaahhh!
I haven't tried sculpting on her though.
What do you think to that? :idea:

Sorry to keep going on, but I don't want to be the first geek to murder a client (honestly I'm joking)

I dont think sculpting will make a difference - all nails whether sculpted or tipped should have the same beauty and strength!

I have a client who is a nightmare for picking and she usually comes back after 2 weeks with 1 or 2 missing and the rest look really grown out!

I switched to Radical on her about 1 month ago as she is also a biter......she came to me with a gnawed thumb-nail :lick: urgh! She can't bite them anymore!!

Also, probably most importantly its probably worth asking what creams she uses etc....9/10 - if they are heavily oil based (eg. E45) this will also cause problems with lifting

Let us know

xx

I had a client just like this. She started using another salon, as I was only doing gel back then, and she wanted to change to powder and monomer. Anyway, because she was'nt coming to me anymore she decided to tell me that she actually loves picking, biting and pulling at the enhancements!! She is a waitress and never wears rubber gloves when cleaning despite using harsh cleaning products. When she was coming to me I kept saying that she was'nt looking after them and that I could tell she had been damaging them but she just kept denying it.

She has since heard that I am now doing p&m and asked if she could start coming back to me. I told her that I already had all the clients I could handle and to maybe try again in a few months time!!

I can't believe that people will pay 30-40 pounds just to completely ruin their nails by pulling, picking and biting!!!

Latest posts

Back