Nightmare removing green semi!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoseR

Reaction score
Hello :)

Soooo I've got a client who I've been doing bleach highlights on for a while... About 4 months ago she applied the 'manic panic forest green' semi permanent and apparently has not topped it up since then. She said to me she wanted to go back to blonde and start having highlights again.. The Forest Green had faded to a turquoise blue, I did say it might be a little stubborn as I've not had experience with Manic Panic but I've never usually had a problem in the past with other crazy coloured semi's.

So I applied Wella clear + 9% for 30 mins and rinsed out... It barely did anything!

I then used the loreal effassor colour remover with 6% ... It lifted it out to a bubblegum blue.

Nightmare! I've been hairdressing for 10 years and never had this issue! I know that bleach can force the colour even further into the hair so reluctant to use this.

Any advice would be appreciated! Jose :)

Bleach with shampoo and water

Sounds like the bleached hair was already comprised to some extent and the green has stained it. Effassor is a bleach based remover so that's why it's gone from turquoise to blue.

You could try doing further strand tests with other direct dye removers such as a crushed vitamin C tablet or the Joico remover but if it's badly stained, I suspect you're either going to have to cover it or cut it!

I've had this trouble with manic panic colour , I done a clients hair with the blue... still a year to date it's still a tinge green, I tried everything ( I haven't yet done the clear colour ) it's slowly being cut out lol , It's put me off using manic panic , I like adore colours xx

Thanks for your replies... I have just put a Wella colour touch over it to cover... Client is very happy actually with the result but what a pain! It's really freaked me out about getting rid of semi's but hopefully it won't happen again. I might look at the adore colours Claire, not used them before! :)

Latest posts

Back