Nightmare xxl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahsmith88

Reaction score
We had a girl in who had xxl live red on her hair, her hairs really long, she also tried to dye it blonde at home so roots glow and no lift on ends, one of the girls in the salon done full head bleach foils spaced out, 6% roots and 9% on ends and a base 7 In between it came out nice but the other day came in as wanted to go blonde so I just done bleach foils and it came out really blonde still abut of a tinge on the ends! But rang up a week later and now saying she wanted full head blonde and roots were showing even when she left and there's still colour coming through, I don't no what to do, any ideas? I've got a couple but just want to see what you all think? I was thing bleach 6% foils packing them in and just running it on roots and ends not blonde mid lengths and painting on a brownish colour between or 3 bleach foils to one darker? I just don't no, but wants to be blonde!!

sounds like a complete mess to me, how is putting on a 'brownish' colour making her lighter? Her hair must be absolutely wrecked!:eek::eek::eek:
We had a girl in who had xxl live red on her hair, her hairs really long, she also tried to dye it blonde at home so roots glow and no lift on ends, one of the girls in the salon done full head bleach foils spaced out, 6% roots and 9% on ends and a base 7 In between it came out nice but the other day came in as wanted to go blonde so I just done bleach foils and it came out really blonde still abut of a tinge on the ends! But rang up a week later and now saying she wanted full head blonde and roots were showing even when she left and there's still colour coming through, I don't no what to do, any ideas? I've got a couple but just want to see what you all think? I was thing bleach 6% foils packing them in and just running it on roots and ends not blonde mid lengths and painting on a brownish colour between or 3 bleach foils to one darker? I just don't no, but wants to be blonde!!

Say no to doing it until atleast 2-3 weeks, she needs to invest in shampoo, conditioner and treatments(professional) to re-build and strenghten her hair back up, then and only then do a strand test to see if her hair can stand another lot of bleach, you really dont wanna do it for her hair to brake off just before xmas! make sure you explain to her that she will not be blonde this side of christmas!

If she just doesn't like the colour coning through on her ends tell her she needs to get it cut - or strain test for a colour bath although from what's been done to it i doubt I'd colour bath it anytime soon!

Yea I no its a nightmare! We have been putting condition treatments on it, well if I space out a few brownish foils it will break up the block blonde to make the other parts look lighter and blend in with her roots! I honestly think it doesn't look that bad its just people do not understand when they start messing about with home kits! They think we're miracle workers!

I don't think I explained this that well the 1st process was 2months ago! I haven't done all this within a few weeks, her hairs not in bad condition at all!

Yea I no its a nightmare! We have been putting condition treatments on it, well if I space out a few brownish foils it will break up the block blonde to make the other parts look lighter and blend in with her roots! I honestly think it doesn't look that bad its just people do not understand when they start messing about with home kits! They think we're miracle workers!

I appreciate everything your saying BUT you have got to think of your clients hair...and YOUR Reputation...personally i wouldn't touch her hair with a barge pole for atleast 2-3 weeks! and she needs to buy the treatments and shampoo and conditioner from you and use it everyday at home....it's not a case of ohhh i woke up wanting to be blonde! and she has to know this!

Ok well I'm not doing it for a couple of weeks, i was just asking on advice on what other stylists would do but everyone seems to think to leave it :s lol so good luck to whatever I decide then!

Ok well I'm not doing it for a couple of weeks, i was just asking on advice on what other stylists would do but everyone seems to think to leave it :s lol so good luck to whatever I decide then!

Colour correction is a tricky and nasty business...we are all advising you against colouring it because that is what is best for the clients hair! read a box of XXL and then you will see what nasty chemicals are in it and when they are mixed with pro products its never a happy ending.

Yea I no I've done my level 3 and colour correction courses, just if someone's not happy I want to do it to the best I can, I understand it's damaging and i wouldn't allow it to wreck her hair I just wanted to know if running a few darker foils through and redo roots that show with bleach will blend in better so it doesn't look like darker roots?

If your going to darken it that won't ruin it further and obviously if it's just roots you're bleaching back up and not overlapping bleach it should be fine!

I'd just make sure she realises that she can't go blonde to dark and then blonde again in the space of a few months without having no hair left! I hate folk that just don't get it! They wouldn't be saying that once it snapped off!

I done this girls hair! Went fine explained full head bleach at this stage is not possible! Done 1/2 foils roots, some ends and put few dark through to blend/ looked amazing! Then saw her Facebook and shed put "£60 worth of free hi/lis" #win - so now do ****ed off! Obviously made all that rubbish up and made me feel crap about my hairdressing skills just for a freebie right before Xmas! Pissed off! Really hate hairdressing at times!

I done this girls hair! Went fine explained full head bleach at this stage is not possible! Done 1/2 foils roots, some ends and put few dark through to blend/ looked amazing! Then saw her Facebook and shed put "£60 worth of free hi/lis" #win - so now do ****ed off! Obviously made all that rubbish up and made me feel crap about my hairdressing skills just for a freebie right before Xmas! Pissed off! Really hate hairdressing at times!

What a cock!! Refuse to do the bitch next time lol that's really bugged me!!

I no! Lol there's me panicking and feeling crap for weeks thinking if done a crap job! Made me feel abit better the fact I obviously didn't do a bad job! But hello piss take!

Just put her down in ur boone as a banned.
If you know her address then call the police and do a screenshot of Facebook (prtsc on the keyboard) as this is basically theft, I know it's not as if she's taken an item, but it's a service she has not paid for and it wasn't a "gift" so it's theft, make her think twice about doing it again the horrible moo. Xoxo

Haha I did actually screen shoot it on my phone to show girls at work! But I'm not taking it any further! But it's an end of a nightmare x

I think u should defo point out to her if she calls again that it's theft and she is now banned from the building. X

God I wouldn't wanna mess with you! Lol I would but I no my boss would not allow me to do that and I'm a push over! But I don't wanna do her hair again! Il book her in with someone else next time x x

Jeez what a cow! There are some really cheeky people around these days!!

I wouldn't let another stylist do her I would ban her from the salon completely.

X

Lol I'm really nice really Hannah, just won't take poo, from working in retail for a few years and doing basic security training I found out all shops and salons etc... Are not public spaces like most think and it's not just the building owners choice on banning, if she comes in again listen to every word she says, if there is anything I find offensive then ban her on that, legally there's nothing to say what is or isn't offensive to different people. But that would b a bit petty.

Good luck if she comes back xoxo

Latest posts

Back