No File Client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wondernail

Reaction score
I have a client who has enhancements...when I put them on her the other day for the first time, her natural nails were a little long...so I began to give them a little file and shape in preparation for her tips. But she has this fear and hatred of having her nails filed!

She doesn't mind the extension being filed but hated her natural nails being filed and asked for them to be cut instead. I did explain I don't usually cut natural nails to shape (I was taught this was a no no and to always file them), but she insisted as she really can't stand them being filed so I cut them!

Did I do the right thing?

Sometimes you have do what you have to do.I've got a client who doesn't like the sound of the filing(bit like nails on a blackboard to her) so she's bring ear plugs next time!

I HATE having my own nails filed :eek: It is a horrible feeling, i don't mind the acrylic being filed at all just my natural nail. Cutting her nail is a nicer service for her and i cant see any harm in it.

Just a question, if the client has got a decent free edge already and wants extensions, why not sculpt?

This is quite hard for me to explain, but as you file her natural nail (very gently, backwards and forwards in a see-saw action) hold her fingertip between your thumb and finger - sort of with your thumb pressed down onto her nail plate (not TOO hard) and your finger underneath - this erduces the vibrations. I think alot of filing phobia's come from the feeling of vibration and friction travelling up the nail. I find that with my clients who are sensitive to this filing it really helps...

i was just the same when i started my course, girl opposite me had to hold me down,:Scared: now it dosn't bother me. diannaxxx

Latest posts

Back