No-ones heard of creative, MMA,NSS & l&p v gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chemz Nailz

Reaction score
I've been renting a space in a beauty salon in my local area and it's very discouraging that no one has heard of creative. I've got my window sticker my polishes, my entire spa range in the window, solar oil, silk you get the picture,
but only one person who I've served has heard of creative. I have managed to sell 5 bottles of solar oil though. I'd love to retail more items but seeing as no one knows of them I'm scared to spend cash flow as its not flowing at the moment.

I've seen some awful MMA/NSS nails brown and thick disgusting my more client today didn't realise that acrylic nails do not have to look like that she thought it was the norm. I firmly belive in educating clients about mma nails I've had 3 customers who have sworn they'll never go back and they'll spread the word.

I put a full set on an ex nss client and she couldn't stop ooing and arring at how natural they looked and how light they were, initially she wanted gel (because she thought it would be bettter for her nails) than the tree trunk mma' s she was used to. I explained that gel was unsuitable for her because she had 5 children and did heavy housework, that l &p is stronger and more durable than any other system. And so that dispelled the myth that gel is better than l &p for the nail now she knows its good product and skilled certified technicians that are better for nails.

One last thing I love this site it encourages me when I read about salon life and all its problems I've cut my time down by an hour working two full weeks in a salon

HALLELUJAH
PRAISE JESUS

Chemz Nailz said:
I've been renting a space in a beauty salon in my local area and it's very discouraging that no one has heard of creative. I've got my window sticker my polishes, my entire spa range in the window, solar oil, silk you get the picture,

we know CND, we are pro's. It's my job to see that the gen pub know who we are too.. but believe me, it's a long hard job... fun but hard... we don't advertise in consumer mags but the editorial we get is unbelievable... it is up to each and everyone of us to educate our clients on the professioanl products out there. I am in a hotel room as I type (thanks babe) doing LFW ... NOT BECAUSE IT MAKES DOSH... oh no, because it GETS THE NAME OUT THERE... have faith AND TALK ABOUT THE BRAND! hth's :wink2:

When I first started using CND products and retail my clients didn't know much about this brand.......... They thought like most that I was selling solar oil and CND enamels, because it was part of the CND package and earned me a few pounds........lol yes it does, but clients using Solar oil also has saved them bundles in tip replacements and has cut my service time down too....
But hey I kept a lot of the editorials , Solar oil and CND enamles and made sure my clients see the write ups........I also include a free mini bottle of Solar oil ,with every new clients first Set of enhancements, I let the Oil do it's own promo work lol.......They use it first for free, see the result and love it..........
Now 2 years down the line, it moves by itself ......................

I have found this out already!!! My mom has awful nails and refuses to spend any time or money on them as she says "it's a waste of money, if my nails are crap then they are crap, nothing can change that"Well, after doing my creative course, I gave her a bottle of solar oil and made her promise to use it twice a day. She did and now she loves it, she even asked me to give her a manicure!! I was soooo shocked! This proves that the products will sell themselves, just give it time....

You can always ring Danny at Designer Nails (Samantha's Assistant in PR) and ask her about which products are currently being featured in the magazines ... then go out and buy the mag and cut out and frame the editorial about the product and put it on your desk or in the salon.

For instance Creative SolarOil has recently won the best cuticle product award for the 2nd year running in INSTYLE magazine and also Stickey base coat. If your customers don't know about Creative, it is because they do not know much about nails in general or what is available. Part of your job is to tell them.

It's funny but I have the same problem. I always try to get across to clients how excellent Creative are by saying "Creative is like the Toni & Guy of nails". To be honest, nobody seems to know of the brand name Creative. I'd love to see some advertising to push the brand name as much as the products. That way, people could understand why we don't charge £15 a set. Any ideas???

Creative products are written about all the time every month in many magazines. The press coverage the brand receives is phenominal and more than any other nail brand receives. Maybe your clients are not buying magazines or if they do, not reading them just looking at the pretty pictures..

Your clients do not know the brand very well or at all, but I can assure you that bazillions DO.

Creative will continue to get the brand name out there on your behalf ... that is what Mrs Geek does as her job and she is damned good at it too, but these things take time.

The cost of National Advertising is prohibitive and YOU would have to pay the cost of it in increases in cost of goods ... CND do extremely well for PR and editorial coverage (the editors LOVE CND) and we do it on YOUR behalf. All technicians need to do their job too. Talk about what you use and why and your clients will soon recognize it in the mags when they see it.

I think what Geeg said above would do the trick find out which magazines are featuring creative products and frame the bits and leave in eye view of your clients or just wave the magazine under their nose when they come in. I also have some of the beautiful images that you can dowload from the website and have framed these and put around the walls and discuss with clients when theya re in
HTH

Some of the brand recognition comes down to you. If you believe in your product than your clients will. everytime they sit with you you should talk about a product that will help them, new range of colours and new techniques. After a while it will be in their heads and when they pick up Instyle, Vogue, Harpers and be like 'Oh my technician uses that on me!!'

Hello Geeks...

Just came back from Show number one... Ben de Lisi - beautiful evening gowns. Just for your info... every makeup artist new CND and nearly all 16 models asked if I had bought them Solar Oil - cheeky things but they have been weened on it. People were asking about the colours we used.. Cocoa (2 coats) and Creme Brulee over the top. What's Solar Speed Spray??? Where can we buy it.... this is what branding does... Not only that, when all the top eds/celebs/buyers sat down on rows 1+2, there was info on Ben's show - who did hair, who did makeup and Nails by Team Creative using Creative Nail Design... brand recognition... hope this helps you see what I do but we need to use that name to get it to the gen pub... same goes for our competitors I am sure!!! I'll post some pics when I can. :Love:

Mrs Geek said:
Cocoa (2 coats) and Creme Brulee over the top

Oh now this sounds yummy but what do you mean Creme Brulee over the top - over the Cocoa? Is Creme Brulee a sheer - I'm so out of date with the colour range lately!???

spotted cnd twice in todays sunday mirror magazine including samantha's tip of cuticle eraser and solar oil for moisturising cuticles.

bit miffed though that i can't get some of the colours that are mentioned(see cnd colour thread)

You will be able to soon. Sometimes people hear about things before they are available in the UK. Patience.

Spring isn't even here yet and you are talking about a Spring colection.

Just a thought........

I was just wondering if it would be possible to perhaps have a posting on this site whenever there is an article about Creative in a mag or paper etc, so that we can buy it to show our clients what a wonderful product Creative is ?

River said:
Just a thought........

I was just wondering if it would be possible to perhaps have a posting on this site whenever there is an article about Creative in a mag or paper etc, so that we can buy it to show our clients what a wonderful product Creative is ?

What a good idea.

I'd love to have a collage of Editorial to support my retail, however I just dont have the budget to buy the Glossy mags i used to .. it all goes on training etc or Scratch of course

Hi Chemz Nailz. You are not alone in trying to get across what makes a good and bad nail technician, you have joined the happy band of warriors on a crusade to dispel the myths and fears that are not only bandied about by the public at large, but also by some very unscrupulous marketing by some of the nail suppliers.

Just keep at it and united we will get through to people what they should be looking for in a true nail professional.

thanks for all the replies to my post.

I had a nail biter today I asked her if she heard of creative she said no.
I explained the more discerning clientele know who they are and when I had finished with her nails she was so happy.
Someone actually came into the salon and asked her what she was going to do to her nails they thought they were natural. YIPEE OOPS THERE IT IS!
Another person started smelling my spa range and asked is this creative
I remarked all my stuffs creative

My customer felt special and tipped me saying thankyou for treating me with care.
I know she has made a mental note in her head and will look out or tell people about the product.

I'll keep on keeping on though.

love and blessings
Chemine

Hi Everyone and Chemine (for starting this thread)! We did Paul Smith on Monday and Giles Deacon yesterday evening! We have Just Cavalli & Moschino confirmed in Milan and we have Ungaro, Nini Ricci & Paco Roban confirmed for Paris... We are in Now THIS WEEK I do know that!

In answer to Fab Freak's question about letting you know... we don't get confirmed coverage but when I get the press cuttings I can tell you... of course sometimes it's the month later and you can't get the mags... I'll probably just have to tell you what I know but may have to keep reminding me! I gave Paul Smith some Solar Oil and insisted he start using it immediately! He mut have thought me insane! I am so tired! Will continue to updtae you all x

Mrs Geek said:
we know CND, we are pro's. It's my job to see that the gen pub know who we are too.. but believe me, it's a long hard job... fun but hard... we don't advertise in consumer mags but the editorial we get is unbelievable... it is up to each and everyone of us to educate our clients on the professioanl products out there. I am in a hotel room as I type (thanks babe) doing LFW ... NOT BECAUSE IT MAKES DOSH... oh no, because it GETS THE NAME OUT THERE... have faith AND TALK ABOUT THE BRAND! hth's :wink2:
sorry mrs geek i seem to be typing along side your reply but as i dont understand the first thing about computers I must carry on and say.. your doing a really good job about getting the creative word around. Last week the client of the woman who I work with said that she'd read loads of articles about Solar Oil and its benefits. ( whilst the woman I work with tried to say that apricot oil was just as good!)lol! In the end I sold her a bottle! so thank you :)

The article on Creative is on page 40.

It reads:

So what will the best-dressed nails be wearing in 2005? Understated pink and girly peach, according to Nail Technician of the Year 2004 Jacqui Jefford, who's tended the talons of Gwen Stefani and Kate Moss. Top of her hot list of new shades are Dior Addict One-Coat Quick Dry Nail Color in Filtered Pink and Creative Nail Design Enamel in Toxic Perfection. Shape-wise, think short and neat, but if you prefer long nails, the edges should be oval. 'Combine these shapes and colours' says Jacqui, 'and you've got a look that tells the world you're all woman.'

Must admit, the Toxic Perfection is a gorgeous colour !

River

Latest posts

Back