No shows and late clients. What to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LahNails

Reaction score
So I have really been noticing the amount of no show clients this past month... Many not calling or sending a text to say they can't make it , they're booking appointments, I always confirm with them the day before then the appointment rolls around and they don't show up and respond to my messages ... As for another point , clients feel its ok to show up 20-30 min late with no text or call to say they're running late . Is this just me ? Have I fallen into a strange black hole of poorly Mannored clients ? How do I avoid this ? Mostly the no shows are what grind me !!

Definitely not just you. I had a period where this happened to me & it completely disheartened me. Made me feel like all the training i did was for nothing. I stuck at it though :) currently in the process of going self employed so will probably have the same hiccup once setting up but i think it must happen to everyone at some point xx

I have the same problem a lot. Just because I work from home they think I have nothing better to do so they show up 20-30 mins late with no apology or excuse. I'm not busy at the minute so can work around them but it really annoys me. Don't really want to bring it up with any of them in case I sound rude and they don't come back but it's so aggravating!

Ok
I'm going to confess something here!
I have/had a problem client and her family who were terrible for not turning up for appointments.
I tried every business trick in the book, nothing worked, they would sometimes turn up sometimes not, then one day!

I booked her in as my last appointment on a sunny Saturday afternoon.....

I work from a cabin now in my garden, so I locked the garden gates.....
Sat in the sun with a lovely cold drink, had my phones turned off and listened to her rattle to get in.....I ignored her,
Very unprofessional but it felt great!!!

Customers need to know just because you work from home your not sitting around twiddling your fingers.

You firstly organise yourself to be ready & waiting for your client, if they don't even have the courtesy to text or phone you to say they are running late then any extras they want I'll say you need to book in again as you was late I have another client coming.

I think it's common courtesy if you are running late to let the person know.
I do that with any appointment I have at dr/bank etc.

Ok
I have/had a problem client and her family who were terrible for not turning up for appointments.
I tried every business trick in the book, nothing worked, they would sometimes turn up sometimes not, then one day!

Sat in the sun with a lovely cold drink, had my phones turned off and listened to her rattle to get in.....I ignored her,

Lol!! This is great. You go girl ! Hahah

Ok

How satisfying.

All though we offer a service to the public....we are in charge!
After years of getting upset or annoyed with no shows and late arrivals I approach those clients in a certain way.
Last minute cancelation, but want fitting in tomorrow.....I used to work through my lunch break, start early which would throw me out totally with my little boys routine or work after hours, when my son was in bed, when I could be doing with a bath and a sit down myself, but now I make them wait will I get a genuine spare appointment and I have even made some go double time if they get in a habit of it, so they think twice about cancelling nails to go to asda!

If clients turn up late....I used to work like a maniac to catch up, so they could still have the fancy design they wanted....but now, when they apologise, I say that's fine, as long as you are ok as I was worried. Just to let you know, I won't be able to do nail art today as you were late...... They won't be late again!

I'm very lucky to have all regulars, no walk ins and I feel I have trained 97 % of them well .

Latest posts

Back