no shows/cancellations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicjill

Reaction score
I was wondering how everyone else deals with no shows/cancellations? I currently have no policy but I am very busy & I'm often booked up a week or more in advance so it is a big problem if somebody fails to show when I have had to turn away people for that appointment. I normally allow 10-15 minutes wait for a client before cancelling their appointment. Saying that, I rarely turn anyone away if they are late, even if it throws me out for the rest of the day. I realise that this is unfair on later clients but I dont want to lose those who are late to another salon. I think it is time to decide what to do when this happens.

What I was thinking was allowing 10 minutes waiting time, any later than that & the appointment would be cancelled. For cancellations with less than 24 hours notice (as happens A LOT!) I was thinking of charging a percentage of the cost or treatment, or maybe a fixed cost would be better? I have tried taking deposits off all clients when they book but it's impossible as many book by phone. What I'm trying to do is get clients to book their next appointment while they are in the salon & tell them how important it is to give me notice if they need to cancel. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work.

I need to sort this out as I'm sick of coming in to work to messages on the phone or through the letterbox cancelling a 9am appointment that I then can't fill! :mad: The problem is, I don't want to scare people off, some of my regulars take offence very easily & there are plenty of other salons around only too willing to take them! Help please!!

There was a thread done about that a couple of months ago (I hope I can get this link to work right.:o ) It was entitled "Frustrated about cancellations" there is a lot of good advice given in there here's the link: http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=10883

OH MY GOD I THINK I DID IT RIGHT!!!:D (Shucks, I feel really geeky now!!)

Hope this helps...

Latest posts

Back