not so white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundial

Reaction score
Is it something I am doing that makes the perfect white on a set of sculpts end up not so white after a while, I just think that sometimes when people come back to me the white looks dirty, does anyone else notice this, is it me or something the clients is doing?:o

How do you finish off - do you buff to a high shine, do you miss this bit out and just apply topcoat.

I had become lazy and was missing out the buffing bit and just applying topcoat and Amanda F told me that if you dont buff to a high shine, there are tiny scratches left on the surface that over time will pick up bits of life.

Could this maybe be your problem?

naturalnails said:
How do you finish off - do you buff to a high shine, do you miss this bit out and just apply topcoat.

I had become lazy and was missing out the buffing bit and just applying topcoat and Amanda F told me that if you dont buff to a high shine, there are tiny scratches left on the surface that over time will pick up bits of life.

Could this maybe be your problem?
No I always buff to a high shine (do it the izzy way and end up with one arm bigger than the other:biggrin: ) When they leave me they are lovely and crisp white so not sure if it is me or them, the lady in question works in a nursery so will be messing with playdoh etc:rolleyes: .

It may just be something she is doing then - is it just happening to her nails?

I had one girl who, every time she came, her whites were almost yellow. It took a few visits before I realised that between visits she was applying some nail hardener to give extra shine instead of a topcoat LOL.

Latest posts

Back