Nouvatan vs Suntana

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick question for those of you who have used both solutions, which do you find is better?

I use Nouvatan and love it but it is the only solution I have tried and I have heard good reviews about Suntana and it is also a lot cheaper than Nouvatan!

Any advice, greatly appreciated x

I changed from Suntana to Nouvatan in Jan this year. Love the smells and colours of Suntana but I personally found the fade off terrible. I find the fade off with Nouvatan so much better, and the colour looks so natural. People are always commenting how natural it looks. Hth x

I changed from Suntana to Nouvatan in Jan this year. Love the smells and colours of Suntana but I personally found the fade off terrible. I find the fade off with Nouvatan so much better, and the colour looks so natural. People are always commenting how natural it looks. Hth x

Couldnt agree more. Xx

I agree too. Shame as their customer service was great.

Thank you for your replies, I think I will stick with Nouvatan, as it is lovely and the customer service is excellent xx

Thanks for that, do you retail any of the after tan moisturisers to your clients and if so do you think they help with fade off? x

I offer suntana and nouvatan. Suntana is more of a brown based tan and nouvatan so good for me to have different options for skin tones x

Nouvatan is the best! I've tried a few others on myself and a friend but had problems with orange knuckles or the others being very patchy when fading but I don't have any of that with Nouvatan, very natural brown and fades gradually and even too :) It is expensive but you get what you pay for!!

Thank you, can I ask you, do you use the Nouvatan after tan moisturisers to keep the tan going and if so, do you find it helps at all? x

I'm only using Nouvatan 3 weeks but I love it!
I too am curious about the moisturisers that prolong the colour... Is it a good retail option? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thank you, can I ask you, do you use the Nouvatan after tan moisturisers to keep the tan going and if so, do you find it helps at all? x[/
The after tan moisturiser is now our best selling retail product. It can also be used as an after sun soothing cream as it contains Aloe Vera which is a natural soother. butchers broom which helps with fluid retention \swelling and juniper berry to tighten and tone the skin. To top that its got a lovely raspberry scent and is very easily applied and is non greasy as it is not oil based . And most importantly it doesn't strip your tan unlike most moisturisers

Sold!!!
Now thats customer service 👍
Ordering some tomorrow lol! Thank you Steve :)

I love the moisturiser and ordered 8 a couple of weeks ago. I sold one tonight to an 81 year old nan of one of my clients and she didn't even have a tan!! It was on display and she asked what it was like and I told her honestly what I thought because I've been using it for weeks and am usually rubbish at moisturising. It's really been amazing on my dry skin and after using it for a week every day I tanned myself and my legs looked so much better than they usually do because they're so dry that I get snakeskin legs after a couple of days of tanning. Love Nouvatan, love the honesty from Dawn and the girls and love the fact that the tan really does what it says on the tin. If Carlsberg did tans....

Thanks for that, do you retail any of the after tan moisturisers to your clients and if so do you think they help with fade off? x

Sorry only just seen this. Haven't sold any moisturisers yet, but I use it and its bloody gorgeous! The nouvaglow can help "boost" the tan after a few days, that's the next thing I am ordering. Hth x

Thanks guys, I will definitely get some then, the other thing I was going to ask was, if someone wants a tan all through the summer, how would you do this, would they need to strip the old tan off first and then get resprayed?

Is the Nouvaglow used instead of a respray ? slightly confused:confused: xx

Sharn, Nouvaglow is a moisturiser with tan similar to the ones that Dove, Johnson do. I haven't actually used mine that I got with my kit because I always spray myself.

Cloughers, please please please tell us how you spray yourself? Are you double jointed?! :) no seriously, I need this in my life as I'm on my own and there's no one I know trained x

Thanks guys, I will definitely get some then, the other thing I was going to ask was, if someone wants a tan all through the summer, how would you do this, would they need to strip the old tan off first and then get resprayed?

Is the Nouvaglow used instead of a respray ? slightly confused:confused: xx

I have started using the nouvaglow as a top up as my tan starts to fade. I use it on my body and my face gives me an extra couple if days out of my tan x

I use Suntana but and have tried Nouvatan a while back. I remember being really pleased with the results but I can't remember the depth of colour. I'm thinking of stocking it along side Suntana for a while to see if clients want to switch. I will let them decide. Just wondering, does 8% Nouvatan give the same depth of colour as 8% Suntana and is 12% Nouvatan as nice and deep as 12%Suntana? Don't get me wrong, I love Suntana, but Nouvatan seems to get better reviews so I think I'll give it another go.

Not very well is the answer to how do I spray myself!! It's ok in the winter because I just do my top half and wear jeans and boots. I tanned myself on Friday with 12% but didn't do a very good job as the fade off is a bit patchy. I put this down to partly my dry skin and partly because its really hard to get it even on myself and I think I tend to spray too much solution in places I can't see very well just to make sure they're covered! I sort of aim and spray my back but to be honest it's probably not covered properly but I don't really wear any clothes where u can see my back so not a problem.

Latest posts

Back