NSI or Creative training??? Who did you train with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Marie*

Reaction score
Hiya everyone!

From most of the posts I've read recently loads of people seem to have trained with Creative and now I am wishing I had looked into my training a bit more as I trained with NSI...don't get me wrong they were excellent but it just seems that not many people have trained with them!!

I use NSI products and have been told that to be able to order Creative products you have to have trained with them, is that right?

Just wondered who's trained with who? Anymore NSI-ers out there?!!!

I trained with Creative and I have no regrets. Their products are excellent and considered by many professionals as the finest in the world.

That's what I mean...first person to reply trained with Creative! Being very new to the industry back then when I looked into training someone recommended NSI training and I hadn't even been told about Creative!! So that is why I went with NSI but since then I had an info book about the Creative courses and they seem so professional and everyone looks up to them in the nail industry!

Envy Nailz said:
I had an info book about the Creative courses and they seem so professional and everyone looks up to them in the nail industry!

D'Ya wanna be in our gang?????

Yeah wouldn't mind being....I feel really left out!!!!! :cry:

Hi Marie,

I also did my first training with NSI ... I too thought that my training was fine and I did definately learn from them ... and then I found this site. I tried researching training when I started out but didnt know anyone and creative did not come up in any searches that i did on google etc. I can not say that my training with NSI was wasted because I did learn the basics and you certainly need more than one training course whoever you decide to train with ( I have also done further training with EZFLow as well ) but having gone on to train with Creative I am really pleased that I have found them anyway :). Their product and support has been excellent and continues to be.
I have had the good fortune to make many friends through using this site and not everyone uses Creative so you certainly shouldnt feel left out because you dont use it. Sam has created this site so that ALL nail techs can discuss and further their careers and have help with their problems whatever product they use.
Should you decide to go on and train with Creative, either doing a foundation or waiting 12 months to do the conversion, then I believe you will benefit from using a superior product but that must be your choice.
In the meantime hun please never feel worried about asking a question on here no matter how trivial it may seem - there will always be someone who is willing to help :)
WELCOME TO OUR GANG :) :hug: :hug:

Jo xxxxx

~Jo~ said:
Hi Marie,

I also did my first training with NSI ... I too thought that my training was fine and I did definately learn from them ... and then I found this site. I tried researching training when I started out but didnt know anyone and creative did not come up in any searches that i did on google etc. I can not say that my training with NSI was wasted because I did learn the basics and you certainly need more than one training course whoever you decide to train with ( I have also done further training with EZFLow as well ) but having gone on to train with Creative I am really pleased that I have found them anyway :). Their product and support has been excellent and continues to be.
I have had the good fortune to make many friends through using this site and not everyone uses Creative so you certainly shouldnt feel left out because you dont use it. Sam has created this site so that ALL nail techs can discuss and further their careers and have help with their problems whatever product they use.
Should you decide to go on and train with Creative, either doing a foundation or waiting 12 months to do the conversion, then I believe you will benefit from using a superior product but that must be your choice.
In the meantime hun please never feel worried about asking a question on here no matter how trivial it may seem - there will always be someone who is willing to help :)
WELCOME TO OUR GANG :) :hug: :hug:

Jo xxxxx

AND SO SAY ALL OF US!!!.....Well put Jo

I did my initial training with Star Nails and contrary to other peoples expectations i had soem excellent trainers and trainig I still refer to my manula now.

I changed to Creative in january as the education system was there so that i could push myself beyond my boundaries, I have been extremely pleased with the products i use but more importantly to me the network of support that i get from other techs.

Because there is such a large netork there is always someone out there who can help with a problem.

NSI are very well thought of in the industry so i wouldnt worry hun.
x

I have trained with EZFLOW and really like there products I hope to do a lot more training with them.

Caz xxx

Reading most of the posts on this site you will find that most are Creative users and Creative trained, of course it is, because this site is sponsored by Designer Nails and therfore is saturated with Creative.

There is nothing at all wrong with the training you have received sweetie, infact I overheard a CND person at the Las Vegas show comment on how good the education is with NSI, Young Nails and Tammy Taylor these days.

Always keep an open mind and take onboard other peoples views, opinions and after weighing everthing up then decide where to go next.

Go with whatever suits you and remember that all of us are constantly learning. I dont care if youve been in the business 20 years or 20 days - the industry is developing and changing all the time and you need to be prepared to change with it.

Awww thanx everyone who replied!

Jo mentioned the conversion course in 12 months....so how does that work, do I have to wait 12 months after I qualified with NSI....any more info greatly appreciated!!! xxx

Hi again Marie :)

To do a conversion course with Creative you have to have been qualified in your chosen system for 12 months. You can do a full foundation with them of course at anytime. Following on from this you can then go on to do your Masters. If you telephone Leeds and speak to someone in their training department they would be able to give you more precise advice hun.

Take care xxx

Jo xx

frenchy said:
Reading most of the posts on this site you will find that most are Creative users and Creative trained, of course it is, because this site is sponsored by Designer Nails and therfore is saturated with Creative.

And why not???????? Have any of the other nail companies put their hands in their pocket and set up another community for nail techs to go on as brilliant as this?

Er..................hello.....................is there anybody there?

Yes, this site might be sponsored by Samuel Sweet of Designer Nails but what are they making out of it?

If you're playing in somebody else's back yard, it's common decency and good manners to play nicely and be grateful for being invited there in the first place.

And whilst I'm on the subject Frenchy, if you can't stand the heat, get out the kitchen.

This site is NOT sponsored by Designer Nails.

The site was created by the head of education of Creative Nail design Samuel Sweet because he is a geek and loves websites and coding and wanted to create a site for tech's everywhere..

The site is kept running by the money from premium geekship and people like Geeg who allocated funds from all books bought on the site and out of Sam's pocket himself.

The reason the site is saturated with creative technicians is because we reognise a good product and excellent education system with a marvelous support network. That is why we have geeks from all over the WORLD on this site. it is a site for technicians of all systems and product companies.

Frenchy have to say , do some homework before spouting off

As i said before NSI has a good reputation in the industry and you will have no problems with their products or training.

frenchy said:

I didnt think it was sponsored by Designer Nails???? Might be wrong!! I just thought it was set up and ran by a dude who was creative trained, you will find loads of gals (and some dudes) who have been trained else where. I am also creative trained, and no we dont get paid for everytime we mention how great creative products are they just are!!

this site isnt sponsered by designer nails or creative it is an unbiased site it seems to be a lot of creative geeks on here so thats why you might think that but there are a lot of other people on here who have trained with other companies too we all come on here for professional advice from a range of different companies its sam who has made this site and allowed us all to use it so we shouldnt abuse it.

creative is one of the market leaders and a lot of people train with them so increasing the number of creative geeks, i myself have not trained with creative but would hope that i wasntbeing thought of as any less than any other geek

This was a thread started by a fellow geek enquiring about training .... and as usual as soon as someone says a good thing about creative there is always someone else trying to say that this site is biased! Why do you do it? it is so sad. Sam has had to say time after time that he does this out of his own pocket and his own time - he should not have to justify himself!! I dont understand why you dont like it that we say good things about a good product and training?

I happen to have enjoyed my training with NSI and EZFLow and would scream to the roof tops about my fantastic training with our Antony ;) but noone comes in and shouts a thread down for that ... but as soon as we say good things about Creative all the usual crap comes out about this site being biased!
Give it a rest! This is a great site that I know I have benefited from and I love it!!

Jo xxx

After reading all those replies I thought what sort of war have I started?!! Then I realised I only asked about the training and someone else started on about it being a biased site...why can't everyone be equal and not have to be better than someone elses system etc!!! If that makes sense! Just to be in this industry for me is a blessing - especially after working for Sainsburys!!!! :lol:

ROFL Marie ... I must admit when things were a little tough when I first started out in nails I seriously thought about working in Sainsburys ... kept thinking of all those ladies I could convert to my nails :)

Jo xx

frenchy said:
this site is sponsored by Designer Nails and therfore is saturated with Creative.
I suggest that before making statements like that you find out your facts.
This site is paid for by Sam and the Premium Geek subscriptions. It isn't sponsored by any company.
The majority of users tend to be Creative or EZFlow trained, basically because they are the front runners in the nail industry, surely this speaks for itself.

Latest posts

Back