Nutribullet and Slimming World

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodiex

Reaction score
Hi!
So I know making smoothies on slimming world is syns, but what about using a nutribullet that keeps all the good stuff in the drink itself?
Does anyone know if this is still syns and if it is is it lower syn values?

Thanks
Jodie xxx

If it's just fruit blended it's totally free on slimming world

I never understood how a bananna was free but a mashed bananna is syns. Why does just mashing it make it syns?

Because juice from fruit is concentrated therefore gives you an instant energy boost; so your body does less to digest it resulting in your body taking in more calories. Whereas eating a 'whole' fruit requires more energy from your body.

Because juice from fruit is concentrated therefore gives you an instant energy boost; so your body does less to digest it resulting in your body taking in more calories. Whereas eating a 'whole' fruit requires more energy from your body.
How does your body use more energy to digest a mashed bananna? When your eating it you chew it up into the same mashed state. So If you were to eat a pancake with a whole bananna rolled up in it, the bananna would be free, but if you mashed the bananna and put it in the pancake then it would be syns. WHY?
Your still going to be chewing the food and using the same effort in both cases wouldn't you?

Maybe because you don't use as many calories to chew it if it's already mashed lol

I wonder how many calories you use eating a banana.Perhaps you need to try and peel it not using your hands but holding it between your knees standing up and using your mouth.

Oww I hope it's not syns! I just have a feeling it's going to be because you aren't eating it you're drinking it!xx

Any fruit that's not in it's natural form, ie, that's juiced is synned.

Have a look online for juices etc and they're all counted.

I did ask in group why, but I can't remember the answer I'm afraid.

It's not the same with vegetables though, only fruit!

No I don't get the mashed up banana thing; it's not juiced so Its no different to a whole banana

I think if you eat it unmasked you are using up 0.3 calories by chewing. If its already mashed you're not.

Hi all, the other reason why it’s syns is because it doesn’t fill you up as much, in a smoothie you may put more fruit in than you would eat, so for example I wouldn’t sit and eat 2 bananas, a load of strawberries and other fruits in one hit where as I would easily put that in a smoothie. So it doesn’t fill you up as much as eating fruit hope this makes sense xx

Latest posts

Back