Oddest spray tan I've ever had!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LetUsSpray

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
I've just had a very strange spray tan. I was blasted in solution till I was soaked then brushed over with a giant make up brush. Never seen it done like that before. Does anyone else use this method? I look a bit of a mess i'm actually thinking of going on the shower now. Not good for business if my tans not right x

Lol, what solution? I've never heard of this personally, if the person is using a spray tan machine there should be no need to wipe off any excess after and it should be a nice even coverage, Poor you :(

One of my clients used to go to a salon for a tan & she said they sprayed that much it dripped of her, she went there for a while then came to me & she now only comes to me.

she said the salon tan looked 'ok' once she had showered, sometimes it was darker in places.. & she would be wet & sticky for the full development time. she said the girl who did it used to go over & over the same body part until it was running off her skin :eek: x

Lol, what solution? I've never heard of this personally, if the person is using a spray tan machine there should be no need to wipe off any excess after and it should be a nice even coverage, Poor you :(

Yeah solution. I was dripping in it! I'm a spray tanner myself but its sometimes nice to get someone else to do my own tan. Everyone does it differently so I just left her to it thinking it would be fine. Maybe not this time tho. I'm off for a shower! X

Sorry, that's tickled me :) can just imagine you dripping in brown stuff thinking this ain't right, then they get a big feather duster out ;)

I am sure I have seen something similar in the many YouTube videos I have watched. I am surei remember someone getting a big blusher brush out at the end lol so maybe someone somewhere trains that way?? What solution did they use? Just being nosey x

I am sure I have seen something similar in the many YouTube videos I have watched. I am surei remember someone getting a big blusher brush out at the end lol so maybe someone somewhere trains that way?? What solution did they use? Just being nosey x

It was Laurens Way. Shame because I really wanted to give it a try. Never mind its all down the plug hole now! I'll just get a sample and do it myself next time. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm slagging off the competition, i'm really not. Just thought it was odd x

It's nice too see how others spray as i think i might just pick up an invaluable tip . I take it the blusher brush isnt going to be one of them. lol Shame you didn't leave it on tho it would have been interesting to find out what it's like. X

I bet there's a geek on here reading this thinking.... hmmm I did a lady a tan tonight & used a big blusher brush afterwards lol

did you tell her you did tanning or keep quiet? I don't go to anyone else (as I don't have a tan myself :eek:) but if I did I dont think I could keep quiet haha x

I bet there's a geek on here reading this thinking.... hmmm I did a lady a tan tonight & used a big blusher brush afterwards lol

did you tell her you did tanning or keep quiet? I don't go to anyone else (as I don't have a tan myself :eek:) but if I did I dont think I could keep quiet haha x

Oh no I hope she's not reading this, she'll be mortified! Yes I told her I was a spray tanner too. She seemed to be fine with it but maybe it made her more nervous. X

Hi Geeks
I've just had a very strange spray tan. I was blasted in solution till I was soaked then brushed over with a giant make up brush. Never seen it done like that before. Does anyone else use this method? I look a bit of a mess i'm actually thinking of going on the shower now. Not good for business if my tans not right x

Did you not like your tan? You should have just told me when i done it, not broadcast it on here :(

Did you not like your tan? You should have just told me when i done it, not broadcast it on here :(

Hahahahahha I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO joking by the way!!!

That is the most random way of spray tanning I have ever heard! You sure she wasn't just putting bronzer on you? Haha

Glamour eyes that made me chuckle. :)) x

Glamour eyes that made me chuckle. :)) x

Haha I had to do it.... I was gonna leave it half hour before I replied and said I was kidding, but I thought I'm so forgetful and would probably forget to reply, then everyone would think i did do it! Haha x

Hahahahahha I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO joking by the way!!!

That is the most random way of spray tanning I have ever heard! You sure she wasn't just putting bronzer on you? Haha

Jeez my tummy did a little flip when I read your last one, got me worried for a minute then! X

Jeez my tummy did a little flip when I read your last one, got me worried for a minute then! X

Haha sorry hun, I couldn't resist the temptation (I'm a bit of a prankster! Lol)

Aaaah I can imagine how you felt! That's so funny! Xx

Very odd! Surely this would just waste so much spray tan solution that you would make a loss everytime you did a tan.

Not to mention it would be very messy and you'd get it everywhere!

*shudder* - i wonder how much solution that took!!! I get a cold sweat if I see droplets on my clients!! Not so much now I worked out what the buffing mitt is for right enough ;) but still... (some clients do just sweat more and it will pearl in the creases like behind the knees and so on... nothing the lovely buffing mitt can't deal with though!)
But letting a client drip all over... NOOOOOO!!!:eek:

I'm wondering should I tell her the truth and offer a bit of advice on where she went wrong? I'm not one for complaining but poor girl didn't have a clue. Maybe she could do with a bit of constructive criticism. Would u guys say anything or just leave it? X

Latest posts

Back