Ombre-how to colour hair roots?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have also got the same problem however I wasn't sure if to just add warmth into it on same base shade ? Like a 9.3 or 9.4 then go over with base 6? Then this will avoid greenly tones but won't b overpowering with gold/ copper ( I find copper safer then gold ?

I have also got the same problem however I wasn't sure if to just add warmth into it on same base shade ? Like a 9.3 or 9.4 then go over with base 6? Then this will avoid greenly tones but won't b overpowering with gold/ copper ( I find copper safer then gold ?

Lets wait and see what people say but I think to pre pig would have to be a semi around 6,7 then rinse out and apply the colour u want..

I add gold to my color so no prepig usually. I might get a slap on the hand for this from you guys, but it saves time :/

Ditto - I wouldn't pre pig :/

Thats What my client want so was thinking to colour top with a 6 and then tone the rest with colour touch

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361140479.322062.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361140479.322062.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 918
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361140495.069080.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361140495.069080.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 204
Ok cool that's good thanks hun ;) xxx

6.7 in wella is really good over blonde I use the permant tho, I was debating trying this first as it comes out quite light over blonde kinda caramel then putting darker over on roots if need be but this would be a good colour to blend the blonde to brown, I panic as hate greenly tones

6.7 in wella is really good over blonde I use the permant tho, I was debating trying this first as it comes out quite light over blonde kinda caramel then putting darker over on roots if need be but this would be a good colour toblend the blonde to brown, I panic as hate greenly tones

That's cool

Just scared it to green lol xD

My lady is very simular to the pictures you have posted, i think I'm going to go in with my 6.7 maybe add a little gold/ copper in with it depending on how blonde her highlights are, keep watch on it comb through to blend, I have the wella 6.7 in my hair as an all over with a few highlights ( was bleach bathed ) and the 6.7 is very light so fingers crossed

My lady is very simular to the pictures you have posted, i think I'm going to go in with my 6.7 maybe add a little gold/ copper in with it depending on how blonde her highlights are, keep watch on it comb through to blend, I have the wella 6.7 in my hair as an all over with a few highlights ( was bleach bathed ) and the 6.7 is very light so fingers crossed

Ok cool but I think this 6.7 won't be dark enough for a ombre I think id need a 6 and mix with copper and gold tone for roots then ends tone with something else xD

;) x

Yep I get what u mean lol I'm a worrier I think I'd rather do the lighter then go back over if need be lol I've always avoided anything 2 gold as I find a little copper stops greenly tones altogether however would love to know the correct formula and get out my bad habbits as the way I will try will possibly take me double the time if should it have to re apply x

Yep I get what u mean lol I'm a worrier I think I'd rather do the lighter then go back over if need be lol I've always avoided anything 2 gold as I find a little copper stops greenly tones altogether however would love to know the correct formula and get out my bad habbits as the way I will try will possibly take me double the time if should it have to re apply x

Yeah I know what u mean but the correct way to do it is pre pig first then apply the colour u want on top lol but the question is what to pre pig with haha

Oh loreal does something I forgot the name it's something that is gold copper and forgot the other it's to pre pig so u dont get confused u only ever pre pig with one of Thoses my teacher told me but forgot ;(

Ok, so this is an example of that I do.
Client is blonde, like yours and I wanted the roots to be a 6N. I would make my formula 50% 6/3 (level six gold) with 6/0 (level 6 natural). BUT depending if she is platinum, I would adjust the gold and natural percentages. This I only if I am doing a quick cover up of a few highlights or an ombré like you are.

If she was wanting to go all over brown then I would prepig with a Demi permanent (or I think you guys call it a quasi???) in a copper/gold red that is 2 levels lighter than my target shade. (Ex, 8/34)

Thankyou both :) it's all coming back to me now, I find when you start getting into your bad habbits it's had to get out of them :) I'm going to do it the right way lol x

On another thread u say that u charge 60-80 for "fashion" hair, but u are clearly still training and need a lot of help! Do your customers know this? I'm just concerned you doing all this colouring and not having the knowledge to do so!

On another thread u say that u charge 60-80 for "fashion" hair, but u are clearly still training and need a lot of help! Do your customers know this? I'm just concerned you doing all this colouring and not having the knowledge to do so!

Don't think his is much helpful of what I asked lol and 60-80 what we charge at the salon... And yes I have done it before but never had to colour the top only...
And all my clients know I'm still at college don't worry I'm confident with what I'm doing what I don't know I won't do...

How did this colour go? X

Im doing this Tuesday and looking at Calliecoedavis posts for inspiration lol xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361733795.366300.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361733795.366300.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 160

Latest posts

Back