OMG I feel so gutted :( Facebook notifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skippy87

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have just looked at my page on facebook and saw i had a few notifications.

Well 1 woman ( i dont have a clue who she is) commented on one of my photos and put " i have NEVER seen nails as bad as these" :cry:

I couldnt believe what i was reading. The pic she commented on was of when i first started doing nails. i know they arent perfect but surely there was no need for that. I have deleted her comment and blocked her now so she can comment any more.

That has really knocked my confidence now and i am totally gutted :sad:

People can't get to you unless you let them. Don't pay her no mind. You said yourself those were a set you've done when you first started. I don't think any of us can sit here and say our first set was perfect. My first one looked like a bird's eye view of the Grand Canyon. Yea, there was no need for her comment, but you'll get people like that everywhere. They're just miserable people that say stupid stuff to get attention. You just gotta brush your shoulderts off and be better than that. Be confident in your work if you know you can push out a good set of nails. :)

Hi geeks

Well 1 woman ( i dont have a clue who she is) commented on one of my photos and put " i have NEVER seen nails as bad as these" :cry:

I couldnt believe what i was reading. The pic she commented on was of when i first started doing nails. i know they arent perfect but surely there was no need for that. I have deleted her comment and blocked her now so she can comment any more.

Don't let it get to you chick, just think it was when you first started nobodies were perfect at first, why don't she try and have ago then she will have nothing to say x

You have been the victim of a troll. Put it out of your mind, she is clearly a sick bunny.

Hi geeks

Don't let it knock your confidence, you just said that it was a pic from when you started doing nails. Keep your head high sweetie, some people are too rude for their own good.

You can not make everyone happy and just think, thank goodness she isn't a client! At least you don't have to try to make her happy xx

That is disgusting. Some people are just so sad and pathetic....is that really what she is spending her Sunday night doing? I feel sorry for her for having such a sad life. She is prob just jealous!

Chin up, I'm sure you do a great job xxx

exactly, just a Troll, maybe you were a bit of competition to her if she does nails. Just put it out of your mind. Think of all the satisfied clients youve got rather than one loser with nothing better to do with her time

I'm afraid I have a slightly different opinion to many on this forum. I believe that, if you put your work out into the public domain, you need to be ready for negative comments.

In a different place, many put their nails on here, often as 'newbies' and want feedback. The majority of the comments are along the lines of "they're great hunni". The nails are often those of a newbie when some constructive comments are actually needed. Saying that poorly shaped nails are 'great' doesn't help the learner as that doesn't help with any learning and improvement.

I realise you are posting about a different circumstance but not everyone is going to like your nails. If you're not ready for bad comments the it's best not to show them to a wide audience. As long as you know you have improved since then, ignore it

Hi skippy,

Here is a thought for you. You were sitting in a cafe and you hear two people talking about your business. One of them says something negative. What do you do? You see this is your chance to put a wrong right or to defend your business by being open and honest to the comments. If you weren't sitting in the cafe this conversation would happen regardless. But now you have a rare chance to put this right.

The chances of you sitting in a cafe when this conversation happens is going to be very rare! However social media turns a rare scenario into a frequent one. Too often we see these comments as negative so we defend ourselves by deleting the comments and blocking the person. All this does is make us look as if we are hiding something. It would have been a better idea to say exactly what you have said to us. Be open and honest. You could of asked her to come in and showed her how much you have improved. Then imagine the good publicity if she posted up her new nice nails?

Sure you are always going to get 'trolls'. But the majority aren't and everyone will see your honest replies and they will easily judge who is being unreasonable. Don't worry though, the majority seem to react like this, just keep in mind for future :)

a nasty cow, just let it go over your head. some people just get a kick out of being horrible especially when they are hiding behind a computer screen.

Thanks for your replies guys.
I dont think i am competition to her tho, as i looked at her profile and she lives no where near me.

Im just going to try and forget about it.
Just didnt help as i always feel that im not any good at any thing. I think my nails have improved alot and have a few regular clients. xx

The main thing to focus on at this time is all the good nails you've done and all the happy clients you have! Best to not focus on one negative comment.

Hi skippy,

Here is a thought for you. You were sitting in a cafe and you hear two people talking about your business. One of them says something negative. What do you do? You see this is your chance to put a wrong right or to defend your business by being open and honest to the comments. If you weren't sitting in the cafe this conversation would happen regardless. But now you have a rare chance to put this right.

The chances of you sitting in a cafe when this conversation happens is going to be very rare! However social media turns a rare scenario into a frequent one. Too often we see these comments as negative so we defend ourselves by deleting the comments and blocking the person. All this does is make us look as if we are hiding something. It would have been a better idea to say exactly what you have said to us. Be open and honest. You could of asked her to come in and showed her how much you have improved. Then imagine the good publicity if she posted up her new nice nails?

Sure you are always going to get 'trolls'. But the majority aren't and everyone will see your honest replies and they will easily judge who is being unreasonable. Don't worry though, the majority seem to react like this, just keep in mind for future :)

Absolutely amazing advice! What a brilliant post! I even read it twice! X

Hi skippy,

I totally agree, turn the negatives into positives and show them up for being in the wrong. She knew you would see this by notifications and is just pushing your buttons to get a reaction. Give the right reaction, and it won't be you looking the fool.

Onwards and upwards!

E x

What a spiteful cow! Maybe you should think about changing your privacy settings so that only your friends on facebook can write on your wall etc, just a thought x

Troll?

Sorry going to sound really dim now but what on Earth is a troll?

Gotta vision of those ugly naked things with the big, furry, colourful hair that all the kids you used to collect a few years ago, but they were damn ugly!

H x

Take no notice of the sad person! Do you think if someone left a comment like that about my work that I would take any notice of it at all?

You say your work is improving all the time so what weight does her comment have? None.

Starting to believe in yourself is your biggest challenge.

I had this happen to me as well. A woman commented on one of my first sets of nails saying they were seriously out of shape and high. I just replied yes I know they weren't the best but as it was one of my very first sets of gels I was quite happy. Have never heard from her again. Nor did she comment on my more recent pictures of my clients 'good' nails :) it hurt when I got the notification and I had to look at whT nail set it was but once I realised it was an early set I knew she must just be wanting a reaction :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Troll?

Sorry going to sound really dim now but what on Earth is a troll?

Gotta vision of those ugly naked things with the big, furry, colourful hair that all the kids you used to collect a few years ago, but they were damn ugly!

H x

A troll is a sad person who has nothing better to do than to 'troll' around websites and fire off ugly remarks, provoke controversy or to be unkind and hateful and all behind the safety of their computer screen and their annonymity!

Wow that is so mean! And rude!!!

Please take no notice of this person! They obviously have nothing better to do than try upset people! And non of us were perfect when we first started!

Honestly, if we all listened to Insults we received then none of us would choose this as a career - there is always going to be someone trying to bring you down.

Be strong! And Ignore! And that's a far better way than retaliating....

xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back