OMG I feel so gutted :( Facebook notifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder what was the point? If she saw something she didn't like offer advice on how to rectify it, (I'm not saying your nails need rectifying!), constructive criticism would have been better! Chin up x :)

the other thing you could do hun is put that set of nails in an album with a recent set and put a title of look how far i have come

I read this quote the other day and it really inspired me:
-Eleanor Roosevelt : "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Brilliant advice from mum - have confidence in yr abilities. If you've only had one negative comment I would see that as a positive :)

A troll is a sad person who has nothing better to do than to 'troll' around websites and fire off ugly remarks, provoke controversy or to be unkind and hateful and all behind the safety of their computer screen and their annonymity!

Ah...

Yes, I sometimes wonder if those people would say the same stuff to one's face. Very easy to mouth-off on a computer.

To the OP, that is cruel! Easy to say but try not to let the buggers get you down.

H x

Chin up hun they probably had nothing better to do then make people feel bad! Facebook is a vicious site sometimes, block her, delete the comment and forget about. Hope you are okay :) x

If you want some honest advice, I have just looked through your albums on here and I'm afraid I have to agree, you seem to have a real flare for the art but truthfully the enhancements do need a bit more practice, you have the right idea and some off your colours look excellent together but the actual nails do need more perfecting. I noticed on the thumb nail of the pink tips it dosent even fit properly and what let's a lot of them down is the dryness of the cuticle area, you must apply oil to finish the nails. I'm sorry if this seems harsh and I'm sure I'm not perfect and have been doing nails now for over ten years but there's no point saying your work is amazing when it isn't, don't post pictures in Facebook until your happy with skill. I feel awful for saying this am saying it for the right reasons and hope you understand x

Can you tell me which nails you are talking about please? If poss can you put a link so i can look at the ones your talking about. Are the tips the hot pink tips with love hearts on? If so they are one of the 1st sets i did when i 1st started training. x

If you want some honest advice, I have just looked through your albums on here and I'm afraid I have to agree, you seem to have a real flare for the art but truthfully the enhancements do need a bit more practice, you have the right idea and some off your colours look excellent together but the actual nails do need more perfecting. I noticed on the thumb nail of the pink tips it dosent even fit properly and what let's a lot of them down is the dryness of the cuticle area, you must apply oil to finish the nails. I'm sorry if this seems harsh and I'm sure I'm not perfect and have been doing nails now for over ten years but there's no point saying your work is amazing when it isn't, don't post pictures in Facebook until your happy with skill. I feel awful for saying this am saying it for the right reasons and hope you understand x

I will pm you x

Did she say her work was amazing?? I didn't see where she said her work was amazing. I have also had a qwuick look at her album and I do not think the nails deserve the critisism you are ginving them. she is fairly new .. I think she is on the right track to become a good technician. Give her a break amd some inspiration not just knock her down.

Isn't this site supposed to provide an honest opinion? For a new technician her nails are a great start and I have complimented her on her art work but if the op posted a pic of those nails on Facebook to advertise to paying clients then I can see why she got a negative comment. Posting pics on here is a brilliant way of getting constructive criticism, Facebook however is not.

Isn't this site supposed to provide an honest opinion? For a new technician her nails are a great start and I have complimented her on her art work but if the op posted a pic of those nails on Facebook to advertise to paying clients then I can see why she got a negative comment. Posting pics on here is a brilliant way of getting constructive criticism, Facebook however is not.

There is no one on this site who is more honest than I am ... no one. And I think although the nails are not perfect, you do not offer allot of encouragement either. I think the poster is quite aware that she is not perfect. JMO

My comment was not all negative and I actually feel I worded it in a pleasent manner, you have made it seem worse than it was by picking up on the negative and not the positive points i made, I will not apologize to you for having an opinion this site thrives on lots of peoples opinions not just yours. You are not only honest you are usually down right rude.

My comment was not all negative and I actually feel I worded it in a pleasent manner, you have made it seem worse than it was by picking up on the negative and not the positive points i made, I will not apologize to you for having an opinion this site thrives on lots of peoples opinions not just yours. You are not only honest you are usually down right rude.
This stupid post doesn't even deserve a comment. No one asked you for an apology least of all me. I am never rude but you could make it real easy. Lets say your post was not the least bit encouraging to someone new IMHO. Let's see some examples of the amazing work you produced from when you first started as I can't see any in your albums.

I think it's now time this thread was closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back