OMG, Tesco to offer beauty treatments in store

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becky30

Reaction score
Just heard this on the radio, starting with it's Bury store. Is there nothing they will stop at? What do you think of this?

Will they not be happy until they have put every small shop/service out of business? I can't stand them myself. :mad:

I heard talks of this possibly happening around 6 months ago. I think it's disgusting. How are they going to provide a calming, luxurious atmosphere in tesco? With screaming children and stressed business people?
And what sort of products are they gonna be using? Their own?
It makes the mind boggle!

WE HAVE THE POWER!*

According to a 2008 report from beautyserve.com, there were over 13,000 beauty salons in the UK, employing more than 30,000 people.

Habia (2006) there are 35,000 hairdressing and barbers salons in the UK, this number does not count the number of employees working in the salons.

Then think about mobile operators and spa's etc.......

Shop elsewhere as of now, this very minute.........assuming it's true of course :biggrin:

Kathie x

There was another thread posted about this earlier today, I can't see it anymore though, perhaps it was deleted?

Please someone tell me they saw it too and I'm not going mad :eek:

There was a link to an article on AOL and quite a few of the comments underneath from members of the public were negative...

Just heard this on the radio, starting with it's Bury store. Is there nothing they will stop at? What do you think of this?

It was only a matter of time really wasn't it!! After all, they do practically everything else lol!

Personally, I wouldn't go to a supermarket for any of my beauty treatments but I suppose it depends on what they are offering and the prices they are offering the treatments at. If they are going to be doing luxury facials and massages or other expensive treatments at discounted prices or let people redeem their clubcard points against treatments in store then no doubt they will attract certain customers.

I think it's horses for courses....some people prefer salons/spas, some people prefer home based therapists, some people prefer mobile therapists so perhaps some people won't mind popping into Tesco for their weekly shop and a facial or eyebrow shape!!

I'm really not going to worry about it too much....after all, for many clients, it's not just about the treatment but about the whole experience and ambience and I can only imagine the sort of ambience a supermarket beauty therapy room will offer :eek:

PB
x

This has unfortunatley been on the cards for a while, there are now a few dotted around the country, like all other small businesses they are trying to put us out of business, florists, butchers, bakeries, deli's, chemists, optitions etc capitalism has seen many small businesses fold, bloody greedy pigs! Although I can't see the appeal of a lip wax in Tesco cos let's face it you are bound to bump into someone when you ain't looking hot!

Tesco near me do threading, eye brow & lip waxing, eyebrow and eyelash tinting, manicures and false lashes!! It's right smack In the middle of the store. I asked about an eyelash tint and they said yep come and take a seat NO CONSULTATION,NO SKIN TEST!! I said I'd come back but didn't lol!! I personally wouldn't dream of sitting there n getting my lip waxed in the middle of people doing there shopping!! :(

I've heard it all now! Lol. I think the clientele targeted will be people having a last minute quick wax. I'm not worrying I don't think we need to :) x

Thankfully, I think most of my good customers would cringe at the thought of this and wouldn't be seen dead there - I know I certainly wouldn't. Tesco Value bikini waxes - ick!

Tesco near me do threading, eye brow & lip waxing, eyebrow and eyelash tinting, manicures and false lashes!! It's right smack In the middle of the store. I asked about an eyelash tint and they said yep come and take a seat NO CONSULTATION,NO SKIN TEST!! I said I'd come back but didn't lol!! I personally wouldn't dream of sitting there n getting my lip waxed in the middle of people doing there shopping!! :(

No skin test? I guess they are so powerful and have so much money they can afford to pay for any suits filed against them. I find the whole thing hilarious really. Who on earth is going to choose Tesco's over the real experience? The odd, desperate person I suppose, but not those who go regularly for treatments and enjoy the whole package of relaxation etc.

Gimmick!

We have a tescos near us and their salon has been open must be about a year, they do all maintainence treatments nail waxing etc and hair.

There was another thread posted about this earlier today, I can't see it anymore though, perhaps it was deleted?

Please someone tell me they saw it too and I'm not going mad :eek:

There was a link to an article on AOL and quite a few of the comments underneath from members of the public were negative...

Lol, I did a search before starting this thread and couldn't find anything!

I noticed that they are selling some Australian Bodycare products too. This is not good news!

Honestly, I saw it and clicked on the link and read the article, then I wasted another 30 mins reading 'celebrity news' lol

It must of been deleted? Now I'm curious lol

Honestly, I saw it and clicked on the link and read the article, then I wasted another 30 mins reading 'celebrity news' lol

It must of been deleted? Now I'm curious lol

I saw it too! Don't know where it went though!x

I saw it too! Don't know where it went though!x

Haha! I thought I had dreamt it or had some kind of psychic premonition lol xo

I read this today and thought about all of you! It really does make me sad because all these big corporations are taking over and it really does ruin the small
Family businesses! All we can hope for is that people reject this and continue to support small business. Who wants a facial in a supermarket anyway? But 5 pounds for eyebrow wax is hard to beat. It's stupid because these large corporations can charge these ridiculous prices because of bulk orders

Apparently leg waxing, facials, spray tans and hairdressing!!
700 beauty products to buy online too :-/

Tesco sell cheap products generally, especially for example, shoes! I'm
Pleased to say there are still plenty of good quality shoe shops, run independently in my town.
It will be the same with beauty too

Latest posts

Back