OMG, Tesco to offer beauty treatments in store

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do also wonder if we could open this thread up to the whole demise of the high street versus supermarkets/online shopping and discuss how this all affects us. Just a thought....

xx

You should start your own thread about it. In sure it will be an interesting thread on its own.

Boots tried it and failed. My guess is that it will not generate the profit per square foot that Tesco expects, so it will trial for a while then quietly close.

Salons are tricky to run, salon staff have different expectations than supermarket staff.

I think they only did this to corner the pro product market. Now all we have to do is look out for the pro products that havnt sold out to Regis or Tesco.

I also think it could work. I asked my boyfriend if the salon at his Tesco Extra was still there, he's not sure as he doesn't go up that end very often, but I'm sure it is.

I think there is only 1 other hair salon, pretty sure no beauty salons, in the whole of this decent sized shopping centre, which attracts a lot of customers.

The one think I would like to see Tesco branch into is holidays! It would be great if they were a bit cheaper AND you got clubcard points too!

Yes I've seen the article to. Tesco are a very aggressive monster of a company. But I don't think this news is the end of the world at all.

I think it's gives salon owners a clearer route on how to compete against them to a point where they won't have to worry if they opened up in your area (as crazy as that may sound).

I talk about how in my latest post...you can read it by clicking here: Salon Marketing: How to compete against the Tesco salon

Best,

Dont worry Bury geeks. People will try it, just like they try everything new here in bury. When they find that they end up with infections etc because of lack of cleanliness, allergic reactions and such because of not doing test patches, they will soon go running back to their usual therapists again.

You know what people are like here, they like to see whats what, whats new, then just gossip about it when they come back to us again. It will just fail anyway. It already has in some areas. Who wants a nice treatment in a noisy place! Nobody when they put their brains back in their heads!

We just have to carry on being professional and teaching clients about sanitisation etc. We dont need to worry.

Beauty treatments in a Tesco store, HA, I laugh at you!:lol:

Latest posts

Back