other people using your nail art pics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took photos of my daughter and her friends hands for a kids nail art shoot

It appeared in nearly all of the trade magazines last summer - the one where their hands are colourful, nail art encrusted and stacked up on top of each other.

Whilst on holiday visiting family in Jersey, Channel Islands, I went to visit a nail bar.

Low and behold, there was a massive poster with one of my pictures on it.

I questioned the owner and she had scanned it in from one of the mags and turned it into her salon poster

Incredible !!

It is a compliment if someone likes your work enough to steal it, but at the same time whoever has made the design has put in some really hard work and I guess when you're like me and only have 1 good idea every couple of years hahaha you get a bit miffed when someone tries to take it as their own. If they want to splash my name all over it then I'll gladly let them use it and even show them how I did it God knows I could use the 15 minutes of fame!

I guess my point was if you're willing to give the artist credit for his/her work then there should be no reason why we shouldn't be able to share. Just because a sign in your salon says "Design By" or "Designed Exclusively for [Salon Name] By" under certain designs doesn't make you a bad technician. Some of my girls have come up with some fantastic designs (beats me where they get the inspiration) and some of them I've put up behind the nail station in A4 laminate with their name splashed across the bottom. Our clients now ask for "the ashleigh" or "the mel" The girls love it and they work hard for me because it's give and take. I think it has come down to too much competition and there's a few people that have become a bit selfish in the process.

Well that's my little rant... this is brilliant why didn't I find the forums earlier? There's 9 years of soapbox issues here waiting to come out! :lol:

i had a local flyer thro my salon door and the pic in the back ground was one of mine, when questioned they had told me their graphic designers had taken the pic of my web site. had to get a copy right put on.

Latest posts

Back