Ouch!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfect pinkies

Reaction score
Hello to all, hope you are all well:)

I have a quick question and im hoping all you lovely geeklins can help.......

I have just tried to apply a full set with fibreglass, all was going well. Tips were on and so was the fabric, now when it came to putting on the resin and spraying the activator it felt as though my nail beds had been put into an open fire!!!!!!!!

ok i thought that wasnt too good but as it was my 1st time using this(trial kit) i thought id put another layer on and see what that does. My thinking was that when you cure gel ou sometimes get a slight irritation/burn so off i went...... um no. still searing pain so off they came!

Ive now given my nails a lot of love lots of solar oil but now i seem to have burn spots on them. Iwas just wondering if this had happened to anyone and why it did happen.

sorry is so long but my poor beds are really poorly now!

Sam

i'm wondering if there is a chance you overactivated your nails?
OR
were your nails a bit thin?

sounds painful... I've never had this when using fibreglass.

xxx

I THINK.....you may have sprayed to close ! try spraying from a little further away !

what you using?

amb x

Could be you applied your resin too thick!

Usually this can happen for a number of reasons.

1. spraying too close - need to spray from a distance it should tell you on bottle

2. far too much activator applied - only need a mist - try applying resin to all and then activating whole hand from a distance.

3. allergic reaction

4. nail plate very thin

hope i've helped x

All resins give off heat when they dry.

You speed up the drying action when you activate... hence even more heat is produced.

If you have used too much resin or too much activator or both together, then a real burning sensation can be felt.

A burning sensation should never be felt by the client ... it is due to technician ignorance of how the product works ... once you know how your chemicals work and why then this should never occur.

I would say this is one perfect example of why anyone who calls himself/herself a professional technician should understand the 'science bit', as someone wrote in a thread last week. All of this should have been taught in class.

Latest posts

Back