Overseas direct hair extension suppliers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've looked into this before,

most companies in china will require you to purchase a large amount of each colour, by law you must pay import vat which is 20% and also import duty on all goods coming into the UK so the price always works out a lot higher than you originally thought!

Then logistics fees etc, all adds up and then you don't know if you've just been fobbed off with crap hair, just be careful if you do purchase from
china. Xx
I definately wont be purchasing from china! I am really happy with one of my suppliers over here, just some clients cant afford that range and need something a bit cheaper , but i think id rather have less clients than hit and miss batches of hair that will damage my rep xx

I just dont know where to start anymore ! I dont want the answers given to me because people have worked bloody hard to get where they are and i can see really see that its not easy! I suppose i just need to know where not to start ! Lol!

Whatever country you decide to source the hair from you will need to go there and check the hair quality for yourself. This way you can also check the factories and meet the staff and easily eliminate amateur suppliers/ poor quality hair. The genuine good suppliers will also take you more seriously this way. We do currently get wholesale Brazilian hair from Glamlox Hair Extensions, but they only do stick tip. Hope this helps.

Whatever country you decide to source the hair from you will need to go there and check the hair quality for yourself. This way you can also check the factories and meet the staff and easily eliminate amateur suppliers/ poor quality hair. The genuine good suppliers will also take you more seriously this way. We do currently get wholesale Brazilian hair from Glamlox Hair Extensions, but they only do stick tip. Hope this helps.

Thankyou! I was only saying yesterday i would probably need to go over there and see for myself, i need to get some money behind me definitely , i have a huge passion in hair and a lot of dertimination to do the best i can :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a thread should be made on importing hair and the hard work that goes into it there's a couple threads on here but no one shares there success stories [emoji23], I've been attempting to import a good quality hair for two years and not been successful I compare against my current supplier and nothing stands up its frustrating I literally speak daily to different manufactures get samples sent but just not happy think I will be making a trip to China this year !

I think a thread should be made on importing hair and the hard work that goes into it there's a couple threads on here but no one shares there success stories [emoji23], I've been attempting to import a good quality hair for two years and not been successful I compare against my current supplier and nothing stands up its frustrating I literally speak daily to different manufactures get samples sent but just not happy think I will be making a trip to China this year !

I wouldn't recommend china, have you tried india or russia?the quality is much better and they are easer to deal with but most of the time the price will be similar to the price you get from the supplier here specially indian hair.

I've been trying for two years I've had samples from a Russian supplier and they have been recommended on here but that's not what I'm looking for there definitely a luxury kind of hair and price tag , India I've tried two manufactures but samples were great then I ordered and hair was not the same as sample , if the price is similar to here how are the UK suppliers profiting , if I'm to do it id be ordering bulk , the supplier I use in UK say they go to India that's where the factory they use are so surely if get the cost price just like them ?

I've been trying for two years I've had samples from a Russian supplier and they have been recommended on here but that's not what I'm looking for there definitely a luxury kind of hair and price tag , India I've tried two manufactures but samples were great then I ordered and hair was not the same as sample , if the price is similar to here how are the UK suppliers profiting , if I'm to do it id be ordering bulk , the supplier I use in UK say they go to India that's where the factory they use are so surely if get the cost price just like them ?
I have recently been speaking to an Indian supplier who offers raw Indian hair direct from India but states that when the hair is required in colours, shades and mixes it has to be processed in their Chinese factory ! They are a very highly acclaimed company but have firmly stated that the most sophisticated dying and colouring process always takes place in their China factory ! So if these wholesalers in uk are saying their factory is in India, it's prob China, especially if they offer mixes of shades etc X

I have recently been speaking to an Indian supplier who offers raw Indian hair direct from India but states that when the hair is required in colours, shades and mixes it has to be processed in their Chinese factory ! They are a very highly acclaimed company but have firmly stated that the most sophisticated dying and colouring process always takes place in their China factory ! So if these wholesalers in uk are saying their factory is in India, it's prob China, especially if they offer mixes of shades etc X
Hi thanks for replying I believe there factory's are in India as I have there address and have thought about visiting which there really open to how ever I know there's many bigger and advanced factory's in China but with this in mind I've tested some of the hair over 3 years quality just isn't consistent I'm now ordering from a different factory and things are looking up but unless I go over it won't tick all my boxes x

I would stay clear from Chinese factories,I buy Genuine russian hair from Russia but even there are so many fakes.

could I ask for your supplier details to get sample please xx

could I ask for your supplier details to get sample please xx
Bought a few samples but you've to buy loads of one colour etc, worked out very expensive with post and tax. I gave up x

I know this is so frustrating I had someone trying to get me to buy the info for silly money its a joke !!

Bought a few samples but you've to buy loads of one colour etc, worked out very expensive with post and tax. I gave up x

oh really its an absolute nightmare lol !!

I need some advice I've got a really good source to direct import hair from but they want me to use bank wire I'm so not confident in spending that kind of money when it's not protected but they only seem to do business this way and it's frustrating me I'm ready to put a big order in but really don't want to risk not being protected any thoughts ?

Which country would you be doing business with?

I need some advice I've got a really good source to direct import hair from but they want me to use bank wire I'm so not confident in spending that kind of money when it's not protected but they only seem to do business this way and it's frustrating me I'm ready to put a big order in but really don't want to risk not being protected any thoughts ?
You have absolutely no protection with a bank transfer. If you've used them a number of times (not once or twice) and are confident that they are a good trustworthy supplier then go ahead. If it's China and they're saying they don't take PayPal...run away now!

The dollar is very poor to buy abroad and then the custom import duty on top ! Bought from dresses recently and all I can say is they aren't what I was told. Buying anything abroad can be difficult

You have absolutely no protection with a bank transfer. If you've used them a number of times (not once or twice) and are confident that they are a good trustworthy supplier then go ahead. If it's China and they're saying they don't take PayPal...run away now!

There in India I've used them for four month but only 3 wefts at a time I used a supplier for 12 month though year ago and lost 3 grand on a big order as they sent horse hair and then became untraceable [emoji85] I'm just nervous that thyl either take my money and not send the hair or not send the same quality hair x

There in India I've used them for four month but only 3 wefts at a time I used a supplier for 12 month though year ago and lost 3 grand on a big order as they sent horse hair and then became untraceable [emoji85] I'm just nervous that thyl either take my money and not send the hair or not send the same quality hair x
Yeah I've been stung before as well. I'd always be suspicious of why they won't take PayPal. They can pass the costs on to the buyer so it's not that. You have buyer protection with PayPal. I got my money back on a custom made set of clip ins for a client, using PayPal dispute. If I hadn't had that I'd have lost £280. Maybe ask them why and see what their reason is? X

I wouldn't risk it specially from India

Telegraphic transfer is a risk that you have to take on international business.
Foreign suppliers will only accept paypal for small orders, $500 or less because of paypal punitive exchange rates.

We import from China, however we have people in the region we buy from, who check quality standard before paying the suppliers.

Latest posts

Back