paints gone to pot!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemsy

Reaction score
hey people i did as was suggested by alot of people on here and bought some acyrilic paints, just normal pots not proper nail art ones, bought a few as thery were pretty good value.
I tried painting sone stripes on my nails for practice (as have done no nail art before) and i just found that they just went all streaky and would show where the brush had been, and i couldnt get enough paint to come off and it just wouldnt stay where i wanted! kept trying but got very frustrated? does this just happen with me?!
i did buy a couple of nail art pens fx ones off ebay just to see if i would have better luck with them, and got them this morn, and theyre so much better! they are polish in them though so i cant just wipe them off, but prehaps thats y the acyrilic paint wasnt very good?
any ideas?!
thanx xxx

Gemsy

Have you got poster paints mate?

I had terrible trouble with my paints, they wouldn't go where I wanted them, they kind of repelled off the tips and ended up in a blob!!

You need to make sure you get acrylic paints, not acrylic poster paints

The lovely Glorsclaws saved my sanity when I was having problems :Love: Thanks again babe :hug:

HTH
Trin
xx

you can get them in hobbycraft and places like that too x

I bought some really good value acrylic paint from a local store, and they are great! I was a little wary at first, but they do the trick and look fab!

How do you seal the art afterwards?? Will applying top coat be enough?? How long will it last??
I have heaps of good acrylic paints as I dabble in art every now and then but I've never tried using them on nails. I wonder why now, lol

You can use just top coat and that usualy seals the art in just fine- if you want them to NEVER come off use a gel sealer- I dislike filing that off personally though-

I use acrylic craft paint from walmart-$.48 for a bottle of it and they last me FOREVER- I have some bottles here that have been with me for the 10 yrs I'vebeen doing nails.

You might want to check your brush- if you use a brush with synthetic hairs, they wont "absorb" the paint right and bead up the paint- makes application difficult- go to your local art store and get a really good, fine tip brush, and a good brush cleaner-
Some tips for your brush? NEVER leave it sitting in the bottom of your water glass, it deforms the tip- make sure you clean it between colors COMPLETELY, and never use nail polish on it if you can help it- it hardens and can pull hairs from your brush and fray it-

Hope this helps!

I use some little pots of acrylic paint. I think they're actually for kids. But I mix a little bit of paint with some water to thin it out, and use a striper brush or a nail art brush (the one with the bent tip) and seal it with a clear top coat. It comes off with nail polish remover.

Latest posts

Back