Pamper evenings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemmonie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am a comitee member on my local NCT (National Childbirth Trust) and have been tasked with organising a Ladies Pamper Evening to raise funds.
I believe we intend on selling tickets first at a couple of quid each to include entry and a glass of wine and nibbles etc.

What i have no clue about is how to raise money from it!

Do i ask therapists to sell their mini services for a minimal cost then take a percentage/set price for each treatment had?

Have you done this as a therapist? How did you work it so you and the charity earnt money?

Any other tips from a therapist point of view?

Also anyone want to offer their services in Crawley, West Sussex in Spetember?!

Hiya, please see my post on Chauntelle's thread below.

My local schools charge more than a couple of quid entrance fee I'm afraid. The last one in February charged £5 entry, which included a glass of wine or soft drink, a few crisps, a raffle ticket (1 only) plus a goody bag. The entry fee alone should raise a little bit of profit.

The prizes for the raffle were all donated - either by local establishments (in the health, fitness and beauty industry) plus vouchers for treatments donated by the therapists there on the night.

The goody bags go down very well - filled with some samples of cosmetics/make-up/perfume all obtained by your Fundraising Team (coz you can't do it all on your own).

All therapists, no matter what the treatment or products on offer, pay a fee of around £10 for a table. The therapists offering treatments on the night charge £5 per mini treatment (15 mins), and all appointments are booked in advance (more work for your fundraising team).

So the funds you will raise will come from 3 areas:

1. Entrance Ticket Sales
2. Therapists' Table Fees
3. Raffle Ticket Sales

I know that there's funds there to be raised, but it takes hard work from a dedicated team, so make sure you've got all the support you need from as many people as possible - especially those with excellent contacts!

Good luck xx

Excellent advise thanks.

It will be a team affair but one person has to take charge (me!) and then i can delegate as needed.

I like the table fee idea and pre-booking.

I will have a table myself but cant decided between mani's or spray tans!

It was a concern of mine that someone may have 20 ladies all wanting mani's or indian head massages and not enough time to do it all!

the last one i did i paid £20 a table then either donated a prize for the raffle or paid an extra £5
and my bookings wernt taken in advance, i had a sheet with times on my table and people just put their names down
and the food and drink was also sold not given away, it was a very successful evening! hth

It was a concern of mine that someone may have 20 ladies all wanting mani's or indian head massages and not enough time to do it all!

That's why it's so fabulous to have all treatments pre-booked AND pre-paid, to avoid long queues. On your initial flyer, include a tear-off strip at the bottom for entrance ticket purchasing details, then on the tickets themselves should be a phone number for pre-booking the mini treatments. Hopefully you'll be selling to people who you're able to collect pre-payments from.

Our last ladies night was held at a sumptuous local venue (due to the school hall's flooring being repaired at the time) and unfortunately they wouldn't let me spray tan Boo Hoo. Still, I donated a voucher for the raffle, and in return they put my flyer into all the goody bags (not that I've had any business from it, but never mind). I do remember, though, that over 30 entrance tickets were sold on the door on the night. During the last few days before the night itself, the school committee members even set up a ticket sales table just inside the school gates.

Good luck ... xx

The last one I did was entry by donation, then they had to book any treatments they wanted during the evening at £4 a time. They also had cake selling, raffle and shopping stalls and raised close to £1000.

Hiya, please see my post on Chauntelle's thread below.

My local schools charge more than a couple of quid entrance fee I'm afraid. The last one in February charged £5 entry, which included a glass of wine or soft drink, a few crisps, a raffle ticket (1 only) plus a goody bag. The entry fee alone should raise a little bit of profit.

The prizes for the raffle were all donated - either by local establishments (in the health, fitness and beauty industry) plus vouchers for treatments donated by the therapists there on the night.

The goody bags go down very well - filled with some samples of cosmetics/make-up/perfume all obtained by your Fundraising Team (coz you can't do it all on your own).

All therapists, no matter what the treatment or products on offer, pay a fee of around £10 for a table. The therapists offering treatments on the night charge £5 per mini treatment (15 mins), and all appointments are booked in advance (more work for your fundraising team).

So the funds you will raise will come from 3 areas:

1. Entrance Ticket Sales
2. Therapists' Table Fees
3. Raffle Ticket Sales

I know that there's funds there to be raised, but it takes hard work from a dedicated team, so make sure you've got all the support you need from as many people as possible - especially those with excellent contacts!

Good luck xx

I'm in Suffolk & that's pretty much how Ladies Pamper Evenings are run here aswell

I did one recently where we were charged £10 per table to be there. What the therapists, etc took on the night was their own. Appointments were booked on the night by therapists but most were just 10-15 min appointments. Entry fee was £5 including a glass of wine. There was a raffle with the prizes donated by therapists. And additional refreshments sold on the night too.

Fantastic evening from my point of view too as £10 advertising of my new business!!!!!

Latest posts

Back