Pamper Party - Picky Mum?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
Hi everyone! :hug:

Ive been doing pamper parties in my salon for about 3 months now and have done 12 in total, i include a 6-12 age where they recieve a file and polish with basic nail art e.g flowers & light make-up and goody bags, i then do a 12-16 year old one which includes half body spray tan and file & polish with basic nail art e.g flowers. I also provide music, nibbles and activities such as designing there own nail arts on cardboard hands.I have posters in my salon aswell as flyers with the information on etc. They have been going really well and ive been so pleased as i have at least one booked every week! :)..

UNTILL!!!!!!
Saturday i had a lady come in with 5 girls wanting the age group of 8-12 year olds, so i sorted out what the girls were wanting and most wanted just file & polish and light make-up except the birthday girl wanted spray tan and nails. I Explained to the mum what the girls would be getting and she seemed pleased, however she seemed determained to get a little discount!! in the end she spotted my 10% off first treatment vouchers on the back of some flyers and asked if she could use them so i agreed. The party day came and the girls turned up, with no sign of mum (when i told her a adult had to acompany the girls) anyway the girls were getting agitated so i started with ther nails, all the girls wanted a french polish with a dimante and painted petals and were all really chuffed, the birthday girl then told me she didnt want her spray tan and told me her mum said she could have her eyebrows waxed instead, i got my receptionist to phone her mum and she told us that she would be there soon and yes she had said that, an hour and half later after the girls had cleared the nibbles and drinks and had thier treatments done the mum came in, not even cracking a smile :eek:, 'orite lasses?' she said to them and they were all beaming showing their nails 'i gotta go sort out a taxi for tonight see ya' she said not even giving me a smile or a goodbye, i was quite shocked at her rudeness and carried on fussing about who had thier treatments etc. After the party i gave the girls their lucky bags and asked if they were all happy with thier treatments and they all agreed said thanks and walked out smiling like cheshire cats. Myself and Receptionist thought it was a great end to the party and started to clear up..
2 hours later the phone rang, o Oh!!!!! :cry:..
it was the mum saying she wasnt impressed with our services :eek:, saying i told her that the girls were allowed acrylic nails on if they wanted and that i did no nibbles and drink, i then told her i did NOT say they could have nail enhancments on and that i did provide plenty of food & drink which the girls eat and drank. She then stuttered a little and said that the nail art 'wasnt up to much' i told her that i double checked that the girls were happy and they said they were 'they'd say that to YOU wouldnt they' she said, i couldnt believe my ears and i was getting a little upset :rolleyes:.. she then just said 'well i WILL NOT be reccommending you' and hung up, im really upset about this as i did nothing but try and make the girls day special and i went to the expense of even buying candles and mini muffins for the birthday girl :cry:, do you think i should stop the parties or just ignore her? im really guttered!

p.s sorry about the long story :hug:

ignore that bitch:!: gettin all those bookings your obs doin sumthing right peaches :)

I used to do these and hated every minute of it....(you ask Minkus...:lol:)

Sound to me like she was just a moaning minnie...let it go hun...working with the public is a hard job sometimes and for every horrid client we have i reckon we get another 20 nice ones.

Its like anyone who works with the public...shop workers...ect...they all get the brunt of a customers bad day.

The girls where happy and thats the main thing. xx

Ignore her- she sounds like a total prat. If she cared that much she would have turned up.

It sounds to me as though you're doing great with these, the girls obviously enjoyed themselves, and their parents will see for themselves what a great job you've done.
Some people are just never happy, I would just forget about this woman and caryy on doing what you're doing.
Keep your chin up, Lou x

I honestly cannot think of anything worse than having my place full of children! I know that this seems to be a growing industry but it gives me the heebie jeebies! This just emphasises the problems and quite honestly the risks involved. Did your insurance cover you for this and with regards to police checks etc for having these children present without an adult?

I know the pressure you were under but it could have been worse than it was with one of the girls hurting herself, have a reaction to something, even your nibbles could have been a problem, or whatever! I would either rethink what you are doing or be far more strict with the mother's.

I hope this doesn't sound like me criticising you as it is not meant that way at all, it is just that I have been around the block a few times and met clients that I wouldn't deal with again! Just take care of yourself and your business and maybe do these parties in the clients home where they provide the food etc? :)

I agree with 'shedunlop' im afraid. I would never have carried out the party without a parent or adult being there no way. There is too much risk that it carries. I run a pamper party business and we have a strict policy that parents should be there at all times, everything that we include in our parties is listed on the order form and then that is signed by the parent/guardian and that's that, there can be no changes once the signature is there.
I would just put this down to experience and have a re-think on how to avoid these situations in future but that's not to say to jack them all in, you're obviously providing a good service I personally feel you need to re-jig the terms and conditions that's all...xXx

Well perhaps if the PICKY mother had been there whilst you were doing treatments, she could have seen your work. What a crazy fool she is!. What kind of parent would leave kids at their own party, then have the audasity to complain?

Sounds like she wanted her money back for her night out. Don't let one little complaint by someone who can't even be bothered to attend her daughter's party put you off.

There are plenty of people who are happy with your service. It's a learning curve if anything...

Chin up babe x

It's really the young girls' experiences that will get you future party bookings not one mother's opinion.

They will go home and tell their friends, and ask their parents if they can have the same. That's how kid's parties work...... i'm sick of taking my kids to the same places for parties!

Ignore this experience, she was fussy from the get go, and was obviously going to complain regardless of your efforts. Just brush it off and move on.

Good luck, it sounds like you're doing great

T x

Latest posts

Back