Parking at Olympia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
HI all

I am thinking of going to Olympia. Flying to stanstead (cause easyjt dont fly to heathrow and i am too tight to pay any more for a flight) and then hire a car from airport and drive the 45 miles to olympia. could anyone tell me

a: is this possible what with congestion and stuff (how much do they charge?

b: will it be heaving?

c: is it easier to get the train

d: is it easier to leave hire car a couple of miles away (I dont know where, any suggestions) and get a taxi or train

or do you think i should wait and go the NEC at birmingham. I am only interested in the nails and spray tans

Kizzy
Thanks in advance

Just found your post so I dont know if I am to late.

I live in Romford, Essex which is only about 25 mins to stanstead by car. Personally I would not dream of driving to Olympia from here. The roads are to busy as you get into the centre of town, with lots of one way streets etc.

I would get the train from Stanstead to Olympia. I belive there is a train direct into Liverpool Street, then take the tube from there.

Just my opinion but hope it helps.

I quite agree get the stanstead express(this is a bus service) to liverpool street and or a train then get the tube, only problem with this is that you are going to other side of London to liverpool street and having to come back again to go to Earls court ?Olympia, might be worth phoning them and seeing if there is a different train you can get to get to another part of London a bit nearer. Try train enquiry line and they should be able to help you plot your journey.
HTH

You can get the Stanstead Express to Tottenham Hale, catch the Victoria Line from there 2 stops to Finsbury Park, catch the Picadilly Line from Finsbury Park to Earls Court, and then catch the District Line 1 stop to Olympia. Alternatively, you can stay on the Express until to get to Liverpool Street, get the Circle Line to Tower Hill, and catch the District Line from there. If you don't get the Stanstead Express, you can jump on any train stoping at Tottenham Hale and Liverpool Street, just takes a little longer cos they stop at nearly every station!

I'm not a train nerd, honestly! It's just that I have to travel on the tubes every day to get to the office!

Well done hun, its like the advert dont know the answer but know a man who does.

there you go kizzycat directions every step along the way. im sure one of us can always meet you on route at victoria or something what time are you flying in hun?

Just a note regarding the parking I wanted to reserve space in car park next to Olympia until I found out it was £18.

This is one of the reasons why I'm not going it was only £8 to park at Excel and cannot justify the extra £10.

I bought enough goodies at Excel to last me until British Beauty so am giving Olympia a miss.

Think the car park reservation fee is definately overpriced.

Jue xx

Latest posts

Back