Party lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And this is cut and pasted from the Salon System Lash website... As far as I was aware they HAD to be removed at 14 days MAX. So that's what I say to my clients, with the correct aftercare they may last up to 14 days and then they have to be removed as to avoid any damage to natural lashes.

I'm really confused about all this.

idual Lashes

Salon System Individual Lashes Flare Black Mini Mix and Match

Quick Shop Code: 66406

based on 0 customer reviews
Salon System's extensive range of individual lashes are ideal for enhancing and defining natural and existing lashes. The individual lashes come in a variety of sizes perfect for tailoring your treatment to individual clients' needs. Achieve sensational, lashtastic eyes in an instant!

For a more semi–permanent look, Salon System Individual Lashes both lengthen and thicken, and can last for up to 4 weeks. Contains 51 lashes.

It seems there is a LOT of confusion over how long they should be left on for.

I use Ardell Lash tite glue for cluster/weekend/party lashes and have just looked at their website and this is the info about their cluster lashes...

"Wear the closest thing to natural lashes with exclusive, knot-free Duralash Naturals. They are permanent curled, waterproof, weightless, and easy to apply. They're so comfortable you can wear them up to six weeks at a time. Each package contains 56 individual lashes perfect for filling in sparse areas of your lashline."

Apply 10-15 lashes per eye.

DuraLashes should be replaced as your natural lashes shed. (About 4 to 5 weeks)

up to 6 weeks at a time?!!!! OMG!!!!! :(

thanks for this!!! although i've never had anyone have them on for 6 weeks maximum time is 4 weeks only because she never put any mascara on them for the whole period x

They last UP TO 2weeks with very good aftercare but most people just get a weekend of partying out of them, hence the names "party lashes" and "weekend lashes" and if they last longer than 2weeks then (just like express lashes) they should be removed!
Weekend lashes and express lashes are not for long-term wear! Any lashes that are heavy or cause lashes to be stuck together should only be worn for a maximum of 2weeks to maintain the health of the natural lashes.

And btw, I used to have phases of wearing either mascara or weekend lashes all the time. But these days I'm a semi-permanent eyelash extensions only gal and my natural lashes have grown much thicker and fuller than I knew they ever could! So just shows even if you think natural lashes are fine they might not actually be at their full health. X

They last UP TO 2weeks with very good aftercare but most people just get a weekend of partying out of them, hence the names "party lashes" and "weekend lashes" and if they last longer than 2weeks then (just like express lashes) they should be removed!
Weekend lashes and express lashes are not for long-term wear! Any lashes that are heavy or cause lashes to be stuck together should only be worn for a maximum of 2weeks to maintain the health of the natural lashes.

And btw, I used to have phases of wearing either mascara or weekend lashes all the time. But these days I'm a semi-permanent eyelash extensions only gal and my natural lashes have grown much thicker and fuller than I knew they ever could! So just shows even if you think natural lashes are fine they might not actually be at their full health. X

I say exactly the same as you with regards to the length of time they last but it's a bit disconcerting when the actual cluster lash manufacturers state something entirely different?

It's all a bit nuts!

I say exactly the same as you with regards to the length of time they last but it's a bit disconcerting when the actual cluster lash manufacturers state something entirely different?

It's all a bit nuts!

Yeah, worries me a little! Almost tempted to send these companies complaints lol

You lot have me all confused now haha x

Oh dear, just to add a spanner to the works I've been calling my Individual Express Eyelash Extensions - 'party lashes' :/ need to sort that out.

I've been trying out salon services cluster / weekend lashes with their adhesive and I'm lucky if they last 48 hrs. I think I'll try other glue before offering them as a service. X

We sell party lashes at my salon for £8 yes its great if u can have them on for as long as possible bt surely clients would question themselves as to why these are so cheap n others more expensive??

I prefer Ardell Lashtite rather than Salon System glue as I find the SS glue too fumey/strong and it irritates those with sensitive eyes.

I prefer Ardell Lashtite rather than Salon System glue as I find the SS glue too fumey/strong and it irritates those with sensitive eyes.

I Also use ardell lashtite in black, love it! x

Oh dear, just to add a spanner to the works I've been calling my Individual Express Eyelash Extensions - 'party lashes' :/ need to sort that out.

I've been trying out salon services cluster / weekend lashes with their adhesive and I'm lucky if they last 48 hrs. I think I'll try other glue before offering them as a service. X

Do you mean they don't last more than 48 hrs on your own lashes or clients?

If it's clients then it's probably the case that they're not following any aftercare.

The whole lash industry is confusing I think, with different titles meaning something different to other people.

I offer Lash Perfect Express Lashes and clients can totally misinterpret things, one client asked if she could wear mascara with them, I said it wasn't advised, however if she couldn't last without it to make sure she bought a WATER BASED mascara recommended for Lash extensions and to make sure she didn't use waterproof.

Guess what she bought... Yep waterproof and her lashes didn't last. I guess she was probably using make up wipes or a cleanser with oil (also not advised). What can you do? They'll deny it until they're blue in the face though. :suprised:

With all that information set aside. Those that leave them on clients longer than 2 weeks, were you not taught all the necessaries on your courses? I don't mean to sound rude but just because they last ages and your clients lashes look okay doesn't mean that it's right.
Goes against everything I was taught if I'm honest.

With all that information set aside. Those that leave them on clients longer than 2 weeks, were you not taught all the necessaries on your courses? I don't mean to sound rude but just because they last ages and your clients lashes look okay doesn't mean that it's right.
Goes against everything I was taught if I'm honest.

I don't think anybody has said on the thread that they have advised their clients to leave them on any longer than 2 weeks and in fact if you look on page 1 the only lady who was told 3 weeks was told that by her tutor :O.

Also we're always told to follow manufacturers guidelines, not great when both Ardell and Salon System say you can get 4 to 6 weeks out of them?

Well i was taught on my course 3-4 weeks but i always say "UP TO 2 WEEKS" to my clients as most do stay on under 2 weeks but the odd couple who have them on longer, also just going by what it says on most companies packaging... i dont know anyone else in my area who recommends 2-3 days but guess everyones different, must be different teaching in different areas

You can advise clients it is not good but while they are lasting clients do not want to remove the lashes and pay for a new set. I have clients that book on for infills, when i say the lashes need to be removed clients insist they dont want them off. You cannot force a client to remove the lashes x

You can advise clients it is not good but while they are lasting clients do not want to remove the lashes and pay for a new set. I have clients that book on for infills, when i say the lashes need to be removed clients insist they dont want them off. You cannot force a client to remove the lashes x

i agree with you, plus my clients dont carry bottles of lash remover so they want to keep them on for as long as possible, it's up to them how long they want them on for I can't force them to remove them after X amount of days/weeks, I do provide them with an aftercare sheet which states up to 2 weeks WITH CARE so it's upto them how they care for them

If I had had a client with weekend or express lashes I would never apply a new set straight away anyway. Otherwise the "2weeks rule" would be utterly pointless x

Thank you glam8babe all clients are different xx

Do you mean they don't last more than 48 hrs on your own lashes or clients?

If it's clients then it's probably the case that they're not following any aftercare.

The whole lash industry is confusing I think, with different titles meaning something different to other people.

I offer Lash Perfect Express Lashes and clients can totally misinterpret things, one client asked if she could wear mascara with them, I said it wasn't advised, however if she couldn't last without it to make sure she bought a WATER BASED mascara recommended for Lash extensions and to make sure she didn't use waterproof.

Guess what she bought... Yep waterproof and her lashes didn't last. I guess she was probably using make up wipes or a cleanser with oil (also not advised). What can you do? They'll deny it until they're blue in the face though. :suprised:

Lol! Waterproof! I stock water based mascara myself now to avoid this sort of thing happening.

My express lashes are lasting as they should do, approximately two weeks however I've been using the wrong terminology and occasionally calling them 'party' lashes.

I've had a look at the lash perfect site but was not able to add to trolly or view prices. I may need to create an acvt 1st. Or it might be that I've been using my phone. I'll check it out again tomoz xx

But You can refuse to do them.
Are you saying you infill cluster lashes? I'm confused

Latest posts

Back