Passed Creative Foundation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisamarie

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am so excited I finished my 4 day foundation course with Creative on Tuesday and I was very pleased to be told I had passed :) the course....

I would like to thank all the people who recommended Creative, the course was excellent and I feel I have learnt so much, the only thing I need to do now is practise which I will do on my nail trainer but I would like to practise on people too, my only problem being I need some people to practise on but I am new to my area all my friends and family are about 1hrs drive away, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can find people to practise on..I was thinking of doing some leaflets explaining I am training and charging £5.00 per set, do you think this would be a good idea?

Many thanks in advance,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

So this is you.....

Well done :) on passing hun and I'll be seeing you at those Master classes (after some serious practise!!). I didn't realise you were so close though, could have shared a lift in.....

Anyway, I am planning to charge £10 a set to cover costs, about £6/7 for a rebalance (not decided yet) and £4/5 for infills. I have someone coming next week for me to practise on and she was fine with me charging £10. Also, if you start too low they'll get a bigger shock when you put your prices up! LOL!

I soaked all my nails off last night but am happy for you to do natural nail overlays if you want to practice product application....

Can't remember if you said you work? What about asking around there? Or pop round to neighbours/ put a leaflet through the door and see if they mind being a 'model' for you?

PM me if you want to get together.

B xx

Well done & congratulations

Well done!!!

isnt it a great feeling. I think flyers for being a model for a fiver is a great idea, especially this time of year, all those peeps who want nice nails for christmas but are a little skint now after playing santa. go for it and have fun...xxx

:lol: Well done!

Just passed mine last month - great isn't it. :lol:

Congratulations LisaMarie - Get practising Kiddo - you have a career ahead of you!!! :hug:

hi lisa marie,
hope you dont mind me asking but what did the course entail? i`m really intrested in doing this course and would love to find out alittle more from someone who`s done it first hand. i hav`nt had any experience before other than doing my own. is it more practical based? or is there lots of theory homework? sorry if these sound like stupid questions but i`m slowly reading through ALL past posts reading peoples views and q&a`s and its taking me ages,
just a scary thought, do people ever fail these short courses and if so what then? resit the course and repay?
would welcome any advice
thanks
karen x

Well done Lisa Marie!

kjp said:
hi lisa marie,
hope you dont mind me asking but what did the course entail? i`m really intrested in doing this course and would love to find out alittle more from someone who`s done it first hand. i hav`nt had any experience before other than doing my own. is it more practical based? or is there lots of theory homework? sorry if these sound like stupid questions but i`m slowly reading through ALL past posts reading peoples views and q&a`s and its taking me ages,
just a scary thought, do people ever fail these short courses and if so what then? resit the course and repay?
would welcome any advice
thanks
karen x
I had a friend who failed....she didn't turn up for her rebalance day!!!

Practical is pretty unfailable. Theory is often failed, from people just not reading enough. They go back and resit at later date.

Congratulations, by the way. Practise as everybody has said and you will be there. Good luck!!

Well done Lisa......... fab news there babe xxxx

As for Education info:

The Creative Foundation course is in my oppinion the best there is, and with the new education program in the pipeline, the best there will be for a long time to come........

The best thing to do is call Leeds Academy on 01132750433 and speak to any of the lovely people there......... they can give you very in depth information on what the course is all about...............

Creative do not sell the certificate, so yes a no pass is possible.......but a re sit is also possible........
It is all about being well educated....learning and studying... the harder you work at it the better your pass rate will be...........
After your foundation course you then have the option to add to your education via the Masters program........So there is always more to learn............I for one can't wait to expand my knowledge as soon as the new courses are available.........

I passed my Master Technician in May last year and boy did I study........as any other Master Technician will tell you........... they had us working hard and study even harder, and it ain't over yet by a long shot....................

If you go to this link: http://www.designernails.com/Nvq.aspx
Check it out because this is what you can expect to learn..........

Becoming a Nail Technician is a real profession now, one that the Beauty Industry as a whole is taking very serious now... thank god xxx A profession I am proud to be part of................

HTH

kjp said:
hi lisa marie,
would welcome any advice
thanks
karen x
Hey KJP, I completed my first 3 days of the foundation creative course last week and loved it. On the first day we went through quite alot of theory, learning about different nail disorders, tip types, the liquid and powder available etc, then had to apply tips to ourselves for homework, the 2nd day we learnt about product application and then practised on each other and the 3rd day we had to take a model in and do a full set of L&P on them. Havnt done my 4th day yet i go back at the end of the month for the exam, but hopefully so long as i read up on everything we've been taught it should be ok, afterall there wont be any trick questions i wouldnt of thought...you also need your model back on the 4th day so you can rebalance their nails!

I'd definately recomend this course!

Gemma xx

Congratulations Lisa xx

Latest posts

Back