patchy skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon h

Reaction score
hi I did a spray tan yesterday and it looked fine when she left. she contacted me this morning to say the tan was great apart from where she wears a bra. she said this morning that she sometimes get dry in this area but it is very rare and it was patchy. I told her to come back and I would take a look.
I buffed lightly, applied a barrier cream and lightly sprayed the area again. I cant remember if I was informed on what to do. was this correct or should I have just buffed and applied a moisturiser to try to blend it in. what do you techs do if a client gets dry areas as this has not happened to me before. I ask before tanning if they have any dry areas then I apply barrier cream but she forgot to mention the bra area, just so I know in the future.

Hmm...correct me if Im wrong, Geeks, but I'm guessing she put her bra back on straight after her tan...I always tell clients that if they can avoid putting their bra on immediately after a spray tan it's better, as this is the tightest bit of clothing you wear close to your skin and it's bound to rub and remove the tan before it's taken properly.
As for the dry bits, perhaps the tan has aggravated a condition that's there already?

hi thanks for replying.
she did not have a bra on when she left the salon, but no one knows what people do once they get home. I always check before people leave to make sure it looks fine and hands/palms etc are ok. she is a regular and has never had this problem before, I did not know if it could be due to stress organising a bday party that brought it on, I dont know.
what would you have done if a client came back to you with patchy skin the next day? is there anything you can do or say? apart from moisturising.

Latest posts

Back