peeling nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evelynita

Reaction score
hi i am new to salon geek and would like some help form you. i used to bite my nails for a long time but gave up the stupid habit last october and since then i have been unsuccessfull of growing my nails long and strong. they are peeling all the time and i have tried so many products but nothing is working.
Maybe i have to go to a nailsalon and get some gel nails, would that help my natual nails?????
Please i need some help!!!

It's just a matter of getting used to taking care of your nails now.

The peeling is due to dryness and they just need to be rehydrated. You should invest in a good oil like solar oil or almond oil and massage it into your nails twice a day.

Nails are like hair and should be given the same respect . you would never wash your hair with fairy liquid and never not use a conditioner in your hair because it would cause split ends... kinda like peeling nails IUKWIM

Use gloves around the house, especially using any detergents as these will dry your nails even more. You can buff your nails and this will help bind the layers of the nail together... maybe treat yourself to a manicure and if they are still peeling I'd go for some gel overlays.

HTH:hug:

thanks karen for the kind reply. I am already taken care of my nails and i try to mousturize 24/7. (kind of addicted to hand lotion now):Grope:
I am wearing most of the time gloves but i will try some of the solar oil. I have read quite a lot of good reviews on that so i will give it a go if it helps.

Latest posts

Back