Perm After Illness?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairdresser18

Reaction score
Hi I have 2 new clients that wants perms, 1 has had heart failure and kidney failure and has been home for 2 weeks, the other had shingles like 3 months ago, how long until I can give them both perms? I don't want to risk it.
Thanks guys! :)

I had a client who'd had a hip replacement, I just informed her that due to any remains of anaesthetic in her body, plus the cocktail of drugs, I would not guarantee the outcome of the perm until 3 months after all meds were out of her system. She agreed, I did the perm and it was fine, everyone happy x

Oh and as they're new clients so you have no idea how it will take, make them sign a disclaimer, but if in doubt don't do it x

hi, ok thanks, i might not do the lady with the shingles until next year some time, as her head will be quite sensitive still, as for the lady that had heart failure i have no clue, my mum is a carer and suggested no perm for 6 months after shingles then until after xmas for the woman with heart failure, does that seem ok?

For sure, the shingles was in her head then? Defo leave that then reaccess in a few months. Lady with heart failure will probably be on meds forever, my mum has heart failure, drugs for life now, therefore disclaimer, perming shouldn't affect her health, but it wouldn't hurt for her to ask her GP x

Latest posts

Back