perm did not take what should i do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pippy

Reaction score
hi geeks,

just done a clients hair she had long dark hair and had a weave put on. it was a job just taking them out becuase they were not put properly. she asked for a perm and because she had about 50% grey hair i used a pre tretament on her hair. well after the perm rods came out the curl was loveley but as i dried it it jst straightened again.

now i have to do it again for her on wednesday but was wondering should i get a perm lotion for more resistant hair or should i just not use the pre treatment but used the same lotion? any suggestions?

Did you ask her if she usually has problems? How long did you leave it on for? Did she wash it hersekf, if so which shampoo did she use? Without sounding patronising as you know your stuff, but there could be so many reasons why it didn't take.....pregnancy, medication, recently had anaesthetic, she put conditioner on. Maybe do as you did before but wind the sections finer and leave lotion on just 2 mins longer, then rinse for 6 mins instead if 5.
Hth x

I always rinse for 10 mins, especially so with long hair. I wouldn't use resistant lotion this time as it has already had the perm lotion on it. Definately shampoo first with a shampoo to remove all build up too. Hope it goes ok.

I had the same problem last week. I used large bendy rollers for a beachy look, applied everything properly got the timings right etc, the top layers took well but the underneath went straight again. I used goldwell topform number 2 cos my friend has coloured hair thats not been done for a few months... so now redoing it today. Hopefully it works better today because I dont want to cause additional damage for nothing.

I used to find that hair that has been coloured a lot doesn't necessarily take a curl that well, especially long hair as the ends may have had masses of treatments in the years it takes to grow that long. Also there are so many 'products' on the market - who knows what is on there forming a barrier? I'm interested to know how much success other hairgeeks are having perming hair that has been possibly - black, blonde, red, stripped,then honey with highlights!!:Scared:

Latest posts

Back