Permanent Makeup OMG !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Debs. First off, I didn't think for one minute that you were referring to me so don't worry about that.

You could do a lot of damage to a persons business and what's more important, she isn't doing anything wrong as far as council policy or law is concerned by the sounds of it. To use the term 'closing in' makes her/him sound like a criminal and that's wrong.

Also, as an aside, I'm sure that Heidi.........who is a brilliant and very professional SPMU technician, wouldn't want her name associated with bad mouthing another technician.

I really don't mean to patronise you Debs.......honest I don't, but believe me, what MOST big companies preach and what they practise are two totally different things. I know that for a fact. I've seen some of the top SPMU experts in the country work in extremely unhygienic conditions at demo's and shows AND in their clinics.

Last edited:
Mike, my BIL first looked into this when a very upset mum phoned him after her 13 year old daughter had her emm down below bit pierced. She wanted the guy who did it shut down but he'd done nothing wrong.
His place was a tattooist, it was very clean, she looked older then 13 and told him she was 16 she signed a consent form and thats when Mike got the shock of his life because there is NO, none what so ever, legislation on having any part of the body pierced.

:eek::eek::eek:...oh my god.....if someone comes in the tattoo studio and they don't look 18...or smile as they say they are 18....we ask for id ...birth certificate,passport,id card or driving licence...that way.....WE know we are covered and they ARE 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, my BIL first looked into this when a very upset mum phoned him after her 13 year old daughter had her emm down below bit pierced. She wanted the guy who did it shut down but he'd done nothing wrong.
His place was a tattooist, it was very clean, she looked older then 13 and told him she was 16 she signed a consent form and thats when Mike got the shock of his life because there is NO, none what so ever, legislation on having any part of the body pierced.

:eek::eek::eek:...oh my god.....if someone comes in the tattoo studio and they don't look 18...or smile as they say they are 18....we ask for id ...birth certificate,passport,id card or driving licence...that way.....WE know we are covered and they ARE 18.
You know what I thought.........surely he must have realised that she wasn't 16 when he saw the area he was piercing. He should be investigated thoroughly. :smack:

Well what about electrolysis thousands of therapists are mobile.Also doing advanced electrolysis.
My father regularly has his catheter changed at home,nurses deal with open wounds all the time in peoples homes etc etc.
A good practioner would be no more likely to infect anyone at their home than they would at a salon.Im sure they have their own standards to work to to protect clients whereever they are.

You know what I thought.........surely he must have realised that she wasn't 16 when he saw the area he was piercing. He should be investigated thoroughly. :smack:

Here here hun......this is why some people DONT come back for a tattoo.....because they were not 18 in the first place.....what they don't realise is.....if the environment people catch us tattooing someone under 18...if if he was 18 the next day...we get the tattooing licence taken away and wont get it back...

They can come and take all our equipment ....guns,needles,auto clave,inks...the lot and we wont get it back...then we get taken to court for tattooing someone under the age.....this is why i think piercers should have the same rules....but like Susie says....there are NO laws to piercing someone under the age of 18 . xxxx

Hello,
It's sad to say that many are doing these treatments at home, and charging cheap prices.

licensing is very hard to control when mobile, even tthe health care com is unable to carry out inspections in the home of a individual.

you are able to work form home to perform most treatments, nurses who administer injectons E.G botox, dermal fillers or day care for post sergury and chhild birth are able to visit homes.

I have to say, the council are very good at making llist of do's and dont's law's..I felt that i paid alot of wasted ££££'s on one council check(and i've had a few). The council information and checklist was way out of date and the very nice council inspector had not got a clue on my job.

jen

The council information and checklist was way out of date and the very nice council inspector had not got a clue on my job.

jen

My experience was exactly the same. She read the MSDS and said I needed to wear neoprene gloves to work with. When I looked on the internet these are the same as firefighters gloves´... I could just imagine me trying to apply eyeliner with those on :eek::eek::eek:

Can i just ask ? I had PMU carried out in someone elses home,now don't get me wrong ,it was a lovely set up,very clean,almost medically smelling in fact. But is that any different to it being carried out in my own home ?

Can i just ask ? I had PMU carried out in someone elses home,now don't get me wrong ,it was a lovely set up,very clean,almost medically smelling in fact. But is that any different to it being carried out in my own home ?
Hi Becki. If you mean from a licencing point of view, then that would be down to the individual council. Great that the set up was lovely and clean as I've seen salons that were filthy.xxx

Thanks Kim just made me wonder that's all :hug:

Thanks Kim just made me wonder that's all :hug:
I'll be working with my local council to change the rules, not just locally, but hopefully nationally.

In short, to carry out SPMU, the technician needs to buy a license for every single salon that they carry out a treatment (in most boroughs). Some salons may already have a Special Treatments Licence that covers SPMUalready, but most don't. I think this is unfair and I believe it's the therapist that should be licensed and not the salon. God know they've paid out well over £10,000 to train and set up, then they give the salon owners around 20% commission for each treatment. Add that onto the cost of the pigments, needles, anaethetics etc, etc, and it doesn't take a lot of working out to see that it's unreasonable to expect them to make a living. xxxx

What a thread,

It saddens me that some can not understand the variations between one council and the next.

I'm a licenced PMU tech and travel to 12 locations (YES, 12 very clinical location indeed)
One council will tell you one thing and the other has a complete different set of rules.

I WILL AGREE WITH KIM ON ALL HER POST'S

I would be very interested in what other treatments you offer in your PMU room nailsrus?
This again is a battle against councils....my councils will not allow any other treatments to be carried out in rooms that are used for invasive treatments..so does this make your room none clinical??????????. DUST from nails YUK, natural nail and toe clippings YUK/vapours YUK/spray tans YUK/lotions a potions(these are things that i'm am very much aware of as i trained a a full singing and dancing beauty therapist)
ONE THING I WOULD NOT DO IS USE MY PMU ROOM FOR ANY OTHER TREATMENT.

as for pets in the home, many of us have them...who knows if your client who booked into your very clinical space for lip enhancing PMU treatment did'nt have her face licked by her dog who licked his own arse first?:eek:

Oh, and what's to say that a PMU tech did'nt give her pet rat/dog/cat/birds/rabbits/horse a cuddle hug and kiss before they left for work and put their clinical uniform on.

If your work area is clinical in what ever standars of room you work in, thats the best any one of us can do.

Jenx

Latest posts

Back