Personal lash lift experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Freeman

Reaction score
I am really keen to train in lash lift but as with everything I want to like the treatment and experience it myself before I add it to my treatment list.

I have had a lash lift done twice now by different therapists and have had bad experiences both times:

1st lash lift
One side nearly half the lashes dropped the next day, I returned and she redone the procedure however they were still dropped compared to the other half of the lashes and compared to the other side.

2nd lash lift
My eyes really stung the following morning after treatment and both sides half the lashes on the inner corners were so curled back they were touching my eyelids. I went back and the therapist tried to calm them down by brushing the lashes down. They appeared better after this but then the following day were still way too curled. I told the therapist and she told me I could have them relaxed and lifted again however it would be chargeable (!!!!!!!)

Also, both times about 6 weeks after the lash lift my lashes were pointing in all directions and looked terrible - unsure if this is normal?

I just wanted to find out if any has trouble with lash lifts and if it is worth offering the treatment? I am really concerned and would not want any to experience what I did.

TIA

X

Hi I’ve been doing lash lifts for about 3 years now, I love it and its a popular treatment booked, it sounds like you definitely had bad experience of the lash lifts you had done in the past, maybe they hadn’t been doing it long, but even when I first did them on clients , I’ve never done what happened to you. It sounds like the therapist didn’t straighten all your lashes onto the shield or double check before applying the solutions. Did they give you aftercare of not getting them wet for 24 hours after etc?

Latest posts

Back