Petite stylist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v3lissia

Reaction score
I am 5" nothing on a good day. Will this automatically mean I cannot become a hairdresser?

I don't see why it should prevent you becoming a brilliant hairdresser, if that's what you want to do but I'm curious as to why you would think that?

I'm 4'11 and it never stopped me.

LOL......Why would your height be an issue???
Jokes aside, client's do make the odd remark like, "do you want a crate to stand on..."
or they'll slide down in their chair...... so I can reach them......!!!! o_O:p
Really...do not worry.
Styling chairs are height adjustable. ;)

I'm 5 foot too! I do have to stand on tiptoe occasionally if I get a really tall gent [emoji23] Even with the chair as low as it will go they are still taller than me.

Thankyou very much for all the responses, it has all helped. Some of the people I have spoken to about becoming a hairdresser did make me question whether it was right for me. It is helpful to know there are others successfully in the industry.

I can't imagine for one minute that the people suggesting that your height is an issue are successful industry professionals.
Next, they'll be telling you that you can't be successful because;
you're too fat,
too thin,
too blonde,
brown, redhead.... or any other made up reason.

Stop listening to the negative ninnies and just focus on your goals and work hard for what you want. There's always going to be people who are dying to burst your bubble but you'll soon realise that these types are not happy and successful themselves and so they don't want you to be either!

Ten years ago, the day I started esthetician school, I was told I would never be able to do nails because I shake a lot (Parkinson's, but didn't know it at the time). I felt discouraged, but I don't even notice my shaking, so carried on and became the top achieving student. Don't ever let anyone say you can't.
Also, I'm 4'10

I am 5"2. It works

I used to work with someone who was petite and she actually had a pink box made and decorated it so she could stand on it to layer long hair! She is a fabulous hairdresser so you'll have no problems! And if you do every problem has a solution, such as a pink box :)

Latest posts

Back