Pic of my HD brows before and after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was under the impression that HD brows created a "bespoke" brow shape which was different for every person? How can you possibly have just one shape to suit all face shapes and hair types?!

Kim, I am on your waiting list for brow design! Cannot wait!

Who said hd brows is just one shape??

If my eyebrows weren't too rounded, would anybody mind giving me some feedback on them? It's a few posts back but I was just wondering what standard I was at? The pickier the better as I like to be perfect at things and criticism makes me better.
(as long as it's not 'you're crap!' lol)

It was your comment Dinky - saying they were too round for HD's. I wondered then if HD's were only one shape? If someone had curved eyebrows they cant have HD's? I have no idea, never having HD's myself or being trained by the company, just curious.

X

If my eyebrows weren't too rounded, would anybody mind giving me some feedback on them? It's a few posts back but I was just wondering what standard I was at? The pickier the better as I like to be perfect at things and criticism makes me better.
(as long as it's not 'you're crap!' lol)
I think you've done a fab job. My comments would be that although I also love an arch that is more out that in, I would bring it back just a touch……..say above the outer edge of your iris. Also, the inner edge (near the nose) is a little too angular and severe. It's slightly out of proportion to the rest of the brow, so I would take a find line off the inner edge of add a little thickness to the outer part.

I think you've done a fab job. My comments would be that although I also love an arch that is more out that in, I would bring it back just a touch……..say above the outer edge of your iris. Also, the inner edge (near the nose) is a little too angular and severe. It's slightly out of proportion to the rest of the brow, so I would take a find line off the inner edge of add a little thickness to the outer part.
Brilliant, thanks Kim!
I'll give that ago this morning with my make up. I knew there was something not quite right about them but just couldn't put my finger on what!

It was your comment Dinky - saying they were too round for HD's. I wondered then if HD's were only one shape? If someone had curved eyebrows they cant have HD's? I have no idea, never having HD's myself or being trained by the company, just curious.

X

Yes TOO curved. HD Brows work in straight lines then add small curves if this is what the client desires.

It would be impossible to give a client one eyebrow shape as everybody has different shaped eyebrows to begin with.

It would be impossible to give a client one eyebrow shape as everybody has different shaped eyebrows to begin with.

That was my point, thanks for clearing that up :)

Yes TOO curved. HD Brows work in straight lines then add small curves if this is what the client desires.

I'm interested to have my brows done by a HD Brows technician now just to see how it would look!
They'll have their work cut out for them with my Mc Donald's arches! Lol.

Just did mine and my mums just tinting, tweezering and make up could be better but not too bad for my first try, I've never tinted my brows before and my mum used to shave hers off (bless her - it was the fashion) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334601341.627661.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334601341.627661.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,393
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334601354.772789.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334601354.772789.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,464
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334601369.890015.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334601369.890015.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,385
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334601381.851979.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334601381.851979.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,429
Just did mine and my mums just tinting, tweezering and make up could be better but not too bad for my first try, I've never tinted my brows before and my mum used to shave hers off (bless her - it was the fashion) x

Love them you've done a great job, for me your mums are a tad too dark but they really open up her eyes xxxx

Thank you, the tint fades really quickly on my mum (so does her hair) so I might take a pic in a couple of days again :D x

5acb2360-e900-93cb.jpg
excuse the poor picture quality here, I just tried to find a picture where my eyebrows haven't been done, but here is just a tint and wax, no penciling, I too was soo Intetested in hd, but I couldn't justify spending all that money to just buy into a brand, as (please tell me if I'm wrong) I can't see how I could get them to look an awful lot different to the picture above? I think your brows look lovely, but I feel you could maybe get that look with a tint and wax at 10pound instead of the rrp of 25 for hd, your going to have to do a lot of clients to get that money back, if your getting a really high demand then maybe? I love the look achieved by he brows though :)

These to me are perfect brows!!!! I don't want to offend anyone but I find the HD brows too harsh and too expensive!!! Sarah22 the eyebrows you did were fab too! X

There are some really lovely eyebrows on here! Iv been doing eyebrows for years & recently introduces 'Polished Brows' to my customers after HD becoming absolutely massive! I was sick of people asking me for HD so I re-invented my own. Polished is my business name!
I personally can't afford or justify the cost of HD training. I'm doing pretty well with these brows & clients keep coming back to e after time so in my opinion that's all that matters.
These are my own brows that iv recently done :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339420280.427624.jpg

There are some really lovely eyebrows on here! Iv been doing eyebrows for years & recently introduces 'Polished Brows' to my customers after HD becoming absolutely massive! I was sick of people asking me for HD so I re-invented my own. Polished is my business name!
I personally can't afford or justify the cost of HD training. I'm doing pretty well with these brows & clients keep coming back to e after time so in my opinion that's all that matters.
These are my own brows that iv recently done :)
View attachment 16209

Lovely. Do you thread aswell? Or just wax and tweeze? Xxx

Don't thread hun. Just trim, tint, wax, tweeze then apply make-up if client needs or wants xx

I think you need to re-read my post. I am saying the same as you. That HD offer a bespoke shape being different for each person and that there couldnt possibly be one brow shape to suit all.

These to me are perfect brows!!!! I don't want to offend anyone but I find the HD brows too harsh and too expensive!!! Sarah22 the eyebrows you did were fab too! X

Awwww thank you :) xx

I did a brow definition course a few weeks ago... I've been practising my threading like mad, and did my first paying client last week... What do you all think? Criticism welcome!! Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339457947.831012.jpg

I did a brow definition course a few weeks ago... I've been practising my threading like mad, and did my first paying client last week... What do you all think? Criticism welcome!! Xx

View attachment 16235

I'd be really happy if those were my brows xxx

Latest posts

Back