Pillar box red?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreax

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who wants pillar box red slices. I use wella products, any suggestions on what shade I should use? Thannx. x:)

The nearest I can see from my chart is the special mix 0/45
What color is her natural base. You may have to bleach first before you apply the red.

Shade 77/46 is quite vibrant, but you would probably still need to add 0/45 to the mix as well.

Igora Royal shade 6-888 is quite vibrant as well. Adding Igora concentrate 0-88 to the mix, or using on its own on prelightened hair may work. But remember, these intense reds always fade fairly quickly.

Thanx Lumar man, your always there when I need some advice.:)

She is around a base 5, she is a very fussy client so I need to get it just right!

Lamaur man , sorry I didnt spell right x

get yourself a tube of loreal majicontrast red for this mix with 6% no need for pre-lightening! you'll like the result and so will your client!!!!:green:

Hiya,
i'm not really a wella person, but we use Wella Magma in college, and that goes a nice bright red with no pre lightning.

But I must admit I do personally prefer majicontrast.

I second (third??) majicontrast, or matrix red lights. Wasn't so keen on magma myself, I found it faded much quicker than the others.

Yes I must admit. I don't use Loreal, but that Majicontrast is excellent.
I know a hairdresser who uses the Magenta red and the results are truly amazing without the need to pre-lighten. :)

go for the majicontrast red that comes up lovely no need to prelighten , also the magenta red comes up really nice very vibrant

Thanx for all of your replys, thank god for this website! Lol x

Get your self a tube of majicontrast red and 6% FABULOUS no need for pre lightning you will love is so will ur client :D

Matrix so red RED no prelightening and use with there 20 vol , stays ages and is wonderful and shiny cost £**** for 84ml tube

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't quite say EXACTLY but close !

arite no need to split hairs! pardon the pun!!!:lol:

get yourself a tube of loreal majicontrast red for this mix with 6% no need for pre-lightening! you'll like the result and so will your client!!!!:green:

I'm doing this tomorrow as I have a client who want rhiannan's colour red.

Affinage do a really long lasting lift and tone red called b red it's great. You can get it from Alan Howard xx

cool, let me know how u get on!:)

Woohooo cherry bomb red it was then straight after I wacked a red crazy colour on it and i gotta say it was the most enjoyable hair appointment ever as everybody watched from there seats with amazement at how red this client went but she absolutely loved it x

Latest posts

Back