Platinum Blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieboi

Reaction score
Hey guys anyone that can answer this will be really helping me out.So client wants to go platinum blonde BUT does not want bleach on her head at all, i would say she is a natural base of 3 really dark brown.I really am at a loss how to do this, i did consider a high lift tint and tone but i am mobile as well as having people come to my home so i've never had experience with a high lift tint i've never had to do one before.Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys:Scared:

I doubt she will ever achieve this colour with just a highlift tint never from such a dark base huni xx

And i was always taught that highlift colours should never b applied directly onto the scalp because you use 12% x

I was thinking the same - I think bleach would be the only way.
I must sound like a broken record but perhaps do some test cuttings xx

Hi thanks for reply chick, if said client asked you to do that, what would you suggest for best? her previous hair salon not only did the roots but also combed the bleach right through to the ends, it was absolutely "effed" lol and like chewing gum, hence why she doesnt want bleach on it i feel sooooo sorry for her, i am about as dark as she is but i just wack the bleach on it and tone, simple haha :) xx

If shes already had it done u wouldnt need to comb the bleach through it should only ever go on the roots after max of 2previous applications then desired colour of toner all over and mega conditioning treatments if her hair is like chewing gum reassure her that ure not going anywhere near her roots and only the toner will be pulled through which helps to slightly condition her hair anyways xxx

Thx honey, it is a virgin application because said client was that unhappy with her hair condition every time she combed it there would be handfuls of hair so she got it cut shorter, i have seen previous pictures and the state of it was awful but thankfully for her it wasn't really long anyway.I did consider bleach with like 20vol? i know it would take hours to get it to the right shade but it would be less damaging, just looking at sallys website i also considered blondor cream?. This is first time i've ever had to deal with something like this i just said to her leave it to me it'll be fine lol xx

If shes that scared obv depending on what exact look shes goin for maybe suggest full head highlights and build it up that way u wnt knacker her hair and less stress for u lol xx

Bleach should never be used with anything higher than 20 on the scalp anyway!! Personally she is wanting the impossible, she will always be compromising the condition of her hair going from so dark to light, you are making a rod for your own back here

If shes that scared obv depending on what exact look shes goin for maybe suggest full head highlights and build it up that way u wnt knacker her hair and less stress for u lol xx

sarah harding, or gwen stefani were the answers i got lol

Its gna have to be bleach then and as bluerinse says never higher than 20vol directly onto scalp it will take her a couple of application and toners to get to that colour and thats if shell ever get it to that again as bluerinse says shes hoping for the highly impossible with a dark base xx

And aswell she will more than likely turn out to be one of these clients that comes in every two weeks for roots...wants discount and moans if it goes brassy in the two weeks she isn't having her roots done lol i have had a couple and now they are dark lol I refused after two months of trying to achieve the impossible....Italian black to Swedish white blonde lol and told them outright I'm doing your hair dark today lol they love it now :)

Agreed had many many of these awckward hard to please impossible clients lol :) x

Hahaha pmsl yes rather demanding.The first answer was lady gaga and after managing to convince her that that was a wig in the pokerface video there's no way you can go that colour that am aware of. I had another fussy person once i bleached and toned and she said everytime i wash my hair its getting brassier on the roots, well it was only a semi i put on so obviously its gonna wash out, so she booked for appointment for root retouch, literally been on 5 mins and then gets a call and says i have to go,fair enough, but it was rather porous coz she couldnt help herself and applied allsorts on her hair, then comes back later fuming coz its "patchy" and brassy.WTF am not a miracle worker and she had to go within minutes of having colour on, lmao

Lol they think we must be miracle workers and never have a day off or holiday!! And create what they can possibly imagine

Lol they think we must be miracle workers and never have a day off or holiday!! And create what they can possibly imagine

Agreed. The one i absolutely love the most is when they bring u a picture or a magazine.Now am not the most tactful person going so i really wish they would understand i cannot colour and style your hair to look like cheryl cole, oh, why not? i cant keep a straight face at that point, rofl

I would love to say, see this pointing to my tint brush,it's a brush not a magic wand...lol. I have clients that bring in pictures of hairstyles they've actually drawn them selves. I have to nod professionally and say oh yes...:wink2:

I would love to say, see this pointing to my tint brush,it's a brush not a magic wand...lol. I have clients that bring in pictures of hairstyles they've actually drawn them selves. I have to nod professionally and say oh yes...:wink2:

Just say it lol I do x

Put your thumb over the pretty models face and ask if they still like the hair! You will be amazed at how many don't.

I dont think you can possibly get a good platinum on a base 3 client. It will look vile with the eyebrows and skin, and will end up in rotten condition even with the best products in the world.

Latest posts

Back