Please Help Me With A Brisa Problem!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherDavis

Reaction score
Hey all!
I started using Brisa FINALLY after going to a trade show in Seattle and watching them done by Beth Kelly and Shelena Robinson, and am LOVING THEM!!!!

My problem is: On Sunday I went to a good friends baby shower, and gave her a pedi and mani, finishing the mani off with a white gel paint french manicure. I was very particular about using cuticle remover and pushing all cuticle off the nail bed, just buffed the shine off her natural nail-I used pink sculpting gel very thinly for a base, then the gel paint, then finishing gloss. I did all lotion AFTER application, made sure to use scrub fresh AND the bonder before, and made sure everything was well cured and oiled when I was done.

So the next day her cuticles started bleeding, her nails were completely thinned out, and the gel was all bubbled up, and she went to get a manicure to fix them up(although I am annoyed she didnt call me and give me a chance to fix it first, I didnt get to see all this stuff, just told about it)

WHAT DID I DO WRONG?!?!?!? I have decided not to use gel paint in that manner anymore anyway cause it tends to chip a bit, but otherwise what could possibly have caused that damage? I am sick to my stomach that that happened to her, especially since it was meant as a GIFT!!

Is it possible that she had a one time allergic reaction? maybe to the bonder or the scrub fresh even?

ANy help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! Thanks in advance for any help!!

HeatherDavis said:
So the next day her cuticles started bleeding, her nails were completely thinned out, and the gel was all bubbled up, and she went to get a manicure to fix them up(although I am annoyed she didnt call me and give me a chance to fix it first, I didnt get to see all this stuff, just told about it)

Is it possible that she had a one time allergic reaction? maybe to the bonder or the scrub fresh even?

ANy help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! Thanks in advance for any help!!

Sounds like you did everything just right! You don't mention if you cured the gel with the Brisa UV Lamp??? If you didn't, this would make a difference as the product would not be cured and could possibly lead to a reaction but it would be very rare for it to happen so quickly if she was not already allergic. Most people will tell you if they are allergic to acetone or other nail products. One is not normally allergic instantly but only after repeated overexposure.

But bleeding??? The nails suddenly thinning when they were not thinned??? I do not find this credible especially as you did not see it! No nail product will thin nails .. impossible.

Would you get a manicure if you had bleeding cuticles??
Would you perform a manicure on someone with bleeding cuticles???
I'm nicely saying that I think she is telling tales, Hun.
What is your gut feeling about this??

Thinned nails, bleeding cuticles... sounds to me like shes had a visit to a NSS salon!! :irked:

I dont know WHAT to think, I am so bummed that anything is happening at ALL- my immediate thought was that she must be allergic to acetone, I only ever use my lbrisa lamp to cure, she has never worn enhancementsin the last 15 years, and is very put out about getting a manicure- I think when they buffed the gels off they filed too much and got her own nail, but the bubbles and cuticle issue is what is freaking me out the most. I know the photoreactor is LOW, and I got none of the gel on her finger, except before curing in teeny amounts while still wet, nd removed it with an orange wood stick and a bit of scrub fresh when that did happen maybe 2x.
She isnt the type to try and get money out of me, she is very demanding, but was thrilled when I finished them at the shower!

So now Im obsessing, offered to pay for the manicure she had, is there anything else I can do?

I think you are being very kind.

She didn't even give you the chance to see them!! This is very wrong and unfair.

Brisa is a hypoallergenic gel. This doesn't mean that one couldn't be allergic to it, but there is much less of a chance that one would be.

The gel bubbling after it has been cured?? This to me is an impossibility. Gel doesn't liquefy after it has polymerized. Maybe you mean it bubbled off the surface? In other words lifted?? Not sure.

I think in the absence of any evidence that anything happened at all .. you have done enough.

Thanks so much fro all your comments-

I called my "friend" and left her a couple messages, and finally sent her an email to let her know how sad I was that she didnt even let me fix my own work, and how unnecessary it was to go somewhere else and PAY to fix a GIFT.

I was so stressed out about it today, until I started to get MAD. It was so unfair to penalize me for something that I was pretty sure was blown out of proportion, and then I hear from my husband how put out she made herself sound that she had to go get my work fixed and pay for it on her day off.

Remind me not to do free stuff anymore lol. For some reason it makes people afraid to be straight with you! *rolls eyes*

I thought I was losing my mind! I hate new products sometimes lol, I have nightmares about them until I feel confident about them- the first set I did gave me nightmares about them falling off until I checked on them the next day lol!!!

Ok where is my xanax......

thank you again I am breathing now ;)

Don't stress about the product pet! It's a wonderful gel.

I was one of the testers for Brisa YEARS before it came out and I have never seen anything like what your 'friend' described to you. Thousands and thousands of technicians are using and loving Brisa Gels and believe me if there was a problem like the one you describe, I'm sure the whole world would know about it by now :D

Hiya...I use Brisa and have never experienced what you have described either...Brisa does not cause thinning nails...heavy handed nail techs do...Personally i would leave it now...i don't believe you did anything wrong...all sounds very strange to me.

The proof will be in the pudding so to speak, when you do your next client with Brisa and have no such problems..xxx

Latest posts

Back